Helpful
Replies

Audio distortion from a cisco webex codec pro

david.alfaro1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dears

I hope you are doing well

I have a report from the users, that when they are in a meeting (whether webex meet or a WebRTC meet as Google meet), the participants in their mobile devices hear audio with distortion.

I have realized that the source audio received in the microphone inputs is a TESIRA server audio source supplying music. Before that, a SX80 was instead the today new codec pro, and the audio of the TESIRA server was received in the Audio Input Lines of that SX80 and worked fine.

Now the SX80 was removed and instead the provider installed a codec pro, but as we know, the codec pro has not Audio input lines as the SX80, instead the codec pro has 8 audio input for microphones.  So i believe that it is not the same thing one audio input line compared with an Audio input microphone and it is the problem, the provider try to supply a music to the audio input microphone. My  questions are

1. What is the difference between an "audio input line" port and "audio input microphone"? , can they support each other no matter what type of audio source it is?

2. If both are different, another question is about if there is needed to employ some device or some coupler or adapter to let an audio line to get adapted to the audio input microphones ports

Kind regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Line is 1000ohm while microphone is 600ohm. You can try turning the gain down on the microphone input but it probably needs an attenuator.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Line is 1000ohm while microphone is 600ohm. You can try turning the gain down on the microphone input but it probably needs an attenuator.

Hi Jonathan,

Than you so much for your answer. I am going to adjust the gain in the microphone input and I will keep you posted.

Kind regards

Hi Jonathan,

I hope you are doing well.

I contactes the TESIRA provider and explaines them to use an atenuator, however they are not shure to do it because they are not shure if it is supported in the output of the audio lines of the server. So they decided to use an external third party embedder to embed several audio signals and then to output all of the audio media in a single HDMI output to supply it to one of the HDMI input in the Codec pro as the final solution. So let us to conclude it as solved.

Thank you so much for your kindly help.

Kind regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: