Views
Helpful
Replies

Basic point-to-point conference

robmas0871
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

my customer is looking for a small business Video Conference solution and i'm thinking about Cisco TelePresence SX20. My question is maybe too simple but i didn't found an answer over the web.

It's possible to setup a simple point-to-point Video Conference between 2 SX20 Endpoints without a Call Control Device (eg: CUCM, VCS) ?  I'm planning to include Conferencing and Call Control Devices when the Endpoints will grow but, at the moment, i need only to have Audio\Video communications between 2 sites and try to reduce costs.

Thank you.

Roberto

4 Replies 4

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Roberto,

I advise you to post this question under Telepresence support community. This community is for Cisco WebEx Meetings Server and Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, and is not observed by Telepresence experts. Hence, you won't be able to get the answer you are looking for.

I hope this helps.

-Dejan

wildflower1977
Level 1
Level 1

you will need something to register the device with and manage its addressing, i.e a CUCM (8.6) or TMS/VCS-E/VCS-C setup.

samuel onoja
Level 1
Level 1

Ammar Saood
Spotlight
Spotlight

No problem you can have p2p call without a call control.

go to H.323 settings and change Callsetup mode from Gatekeeper to "Direct"

Gatekeeper address should be blank.

go to SIP settings and enable Listen port = "ON"

outbound port = off

Proxy address 1,2,3 = Blank

Reboot, now you can make Point to point calls between 2 endpoints with a call control, just using their IP addresses.

If you put the endpoint on Public IP address of behind a Static NAT. then you can also use to reach it by Public IP addresses.

if you have multisite option key installed, you can have a conference call upto 4 participants without requiring a conference bridge.

HTH 

AMMAR