cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Business Edition 9.x video integration

yiqinc2004
Level 1
Level 1

As per Business Edition 9.1 ordering guide, virtual VCS control software is now included with Cisco Business Edition 6000 Version 9.X and includes 10 concurrent nontraversal calls and 5 concurrent traversal calls for no additional cost.

1. What is the difference between ‘BE6K-UCL-TP-RM’ TelePresence Room license and traversal and non-traversal call licenses available with BE6K bundle.

2. Is it a valid scenario to have VCS expressway with BE6K to support video endpoints in the remote/branch site? If it is a valid case then where to configure the  non-traversal call licenses, on BE6K or VCS expressway as BE6K bundle has 5 traversal licenses included?

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies 5

Hi,

1. BE6K-UCL-TP is license  for TelePresence endpoints (C-series) which will be registered on CUCM.

2. Only VCS Control is included in BE6000. VCS Expressway is purchased additionally if nessasery.

br Oleksandr

Thanks Oleksandr.

In the given scenario, i have a branch site which has video endpoints that I want to register with BE6000 which is in HQ/Main site.

Regarding 2nd question, in BE6000, upto 100 traversal calls liceneses can optionally be purchased (LIC-VCSE-5,

LIC-VCSE-10, LIC-VCSE-20, LIC-VCSE-50).

With VCS Control included in BE6000 can we configure traversal calls liceneses on BE6000 itself?

If it is not the supported scenario then for what other purpose I can use these traversal calls liceneses available with BE6000.

Hi,

There are a number of scenarios where the VCS Control will use Traversal licenses -

* H.323 <> SIP Interworked call

* IPv4 <> IPv6 call

* Where the SIP Media encryption mode is set to anything other than auto

The VCS will have to take media in all these cases. This is why the VCSc on BE6K can have traversal call licenses.

Thanks,

Guy

yiqinc,

Where you will plan to register endpoints? CUCM(be6000) or VCS Control(be6000) ?

Which connection you plan use for endpoints in branch office? (WAN or public internet)?

br Oleksandr

yiqinc2004
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Guy to clear the doubt about the usage of traversal licenses on BE6K.

@Oleksandr: I would like to know the advantages of both the types of deployment of video endpoints in branch site.

1. When branch video endpoints registered to CUCM(BE6000) through WAN and also through public Internet.

2. When branch video endpoints registered to VCS control (BE6000) through WAN and also through public Internet.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: