cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C2811 Router - Card Compatibility?

hyounkim80
Level 1
Level 1

I'm not too keen on my terminology, so please excuse me if you get confused...

My company recently purchased a C2811 router for a VoIP deployment at a branch office. Currently they are using PRI to connect to their analog (Avaya) phone system. I am to remove their analog system entirely and replace it with a Cisco VoIP solution.

While I have never actually installed a Cisco VoIP system from scratch, I have maintained the one at my current office. I have most of the configuration finished on the router, but I cannot specify the voice ports on the C2811 router. The PRI that is used at the remote office is the same type that is used in my current office.

After a couple hours of troubleshooting, I came to the realization that the card that is currently in use at my office is a "VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1". The card that came with my voice router for the remote branch is a "HWIC-1DSU-T1". Is this the reason why I cannot configure my voice ports? Did they ship me the wrong card?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Correct, HWIC-1DSU-T1 is for data only and do not supports voice.

Recommend you hire a reputable consultant or voice certified cisco partner to avoid costly mistakes and achieve the best results.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Correct, HWIC-1DSU-T1 is for data only and do not supports voice.

Recommend you hire a reputable consultant or voice certified cisco partner to avoid costly mistakes and achieve the best results.

Thanks sir!

You're welcome, thanks for the rating and good luck.