cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C40 with 1080p and 720p cameras

Russell Haney
Level 1
Level 1

I have a C40 with a 1080p camera as the primary and two 720p cameras daisy chained. My problem is that the two 720p cameras keep going to sleep mode when not being used. So when I use the preset for them to be shown they swing from privacy mode to the preset position. Then when another camera preset is used the camera swings back to privacy mode. Can I turn this feature off? There is no option in the codec menus or API files.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

From your quick description, it sounds like the cameras are going in to their standby position.  You haven't mentioned what version of the software you are running on the C40, but the setting has been there for quite a while.

This can be configured on the C40.  In the web interface go to Configuration -> Standby and then set the "StandbyAction" to "None" rather than "Privacy Position" - this will leave the cameras pointing the the same direction when the camera goes to sleep.

As for the camera swinging back to the Privacy Position when a different preset is used - that sounds like that particular preset has been set incorrectly (with the cameras in the privacy position).

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

No matter which camera you have selected as the main source, and you choose a preset, all the cameras that are connected to the codec will go to whatever position they were currently in when that preset was saved in the codec.  I just tested and confirmed this with a C40 codec and two 1080p 12X cameras daisy chained together.  It could be that when your preset was created, the 720p cameras were in there privacy position, so that whenever you select the preset they'll go to that position because that is what is saved for them.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

From your quick description, it sounds like the cameras are going in to their standby position.  You haven't mentioned what version of the software you are running on the C40, but the setting has been there for quite a while.

This can be configured on the C40.  In the web interface go to Configuration -> Standby and then set the "StandbyAction" to "None" rather than "Privacy Position" - this will leave the cameras pointing the the same direction when the camera goes to sleep.

As for the camera swinging back to the Privacy Position when a different preset is used - that sounds like that particular preset has been set incorrectly (with the cameras in the privacy position).

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

To begin with I am using a C90 not a C40. My mistake.

The setting in the web page seems to only work for the primary camera. Changing it had no effect on the other two cameras going back to privacy position when another preset is chosen. When we save a preset we have the active camera pointing at the area we want. But when we choose either of camera 2 or 3 is when the unchosen one goes to privacy mode. The main camera never goes to privacy mode and is unaffected by choosing either camera 2 or 3.

Could it be a problem with the daisy chaining the 1080p with two 720p cameras? Is there an experimental command that could be used that is undocumented for turning off the privacy feature of the 720p cameras?
The software of the codec is 7.1.1

No matter which camera you have selected as the main source, and you choose a preset, all the cameras that are connected to the codec will go to whatever position they were currently in when that preset was saved in the codec.  I just tested and confirmed this with a C40 codec and two 1080p 12X cameras daisy chained together.  It could be that when your preset was created, the 720p cameras were in there privacy position, so that whenever you select the preset they'll go to that position because that is what is saved for them.

As Patrick has said (and as I was trying to say less elegantly in the last paragraph of my response), the preset you have saved was likely saved with the cameras in the standby postion.  The presets are not specific to a single camera, but the whole set of cameras.

Wayne

Wayne

thanks Wayne and Patrick. I had a chance to go over and reconfigure all the presets and it is working very well now.

Got a similar issue with my hd camera, but was fortunate to fix it with a simple update on its firmware to reset everything.