Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call dropped when joining a scheduled meeting with the Bridge

I'm in the process of upgrading our Telepresence infrastructure. We want to re-home our CTS-3000 endpoints to brand new TP servers on newer versions (as the compatibility matrix confirms versions are compatible), before upgrading the CTS-3000 firmware.

current CTS-3000 firmware : 1.7.0.2(4719)

New servers

• CUCM 8.6.2a
  • CTS-Manager : 1.9.0.0 (198)
  • CTS Multipoint Switch : 1.9.3.0(89)

When re-homing the CTS-3000 on the new server, they register correctly with the 7970 phones which control the CTS.

Everything works except the most important : scheduled meetings using the CTMS bridge.

• Ad-hoc meeting made from the CTMS works,
  • Connecting to a static meeting on the CTMS from all the CTS works,
  • when starting a scheduled meeting, the first room to dial the bridge will connect ang get the message saying "you're the first participant....". When other rooms try to join the bridge, the call gets dropped. I found in some logs (I can't remember which ones and can't find it back) and error message saying something that it is dropping the call because the line is busy...

The othe thing is that on the new CTS Manager, when I go to Support -> Endpoints -> Summary, in the column DUDM->Device Error, there is an "X" indicating an error. But there's no link to any error meesage and I don't know where to look at. I find this weired because the CTS-3000 and the 7970 phone register correctly on the CUCM.

I spend hours comparing configuration of all servers and searching the web but can't figure out what is worng. Has anyone experience such an issue ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Matt,

Try this.

- Login to CUCM

- Go to Application user and select the user of CTS- Manager

- Remove the particular endpoint/room having 'X' mark on it.

- Save it and re-discover the room

- It should be gone from CTS-Manager

- Now follow the same procedure and add the MAC address again to controlled device (From App user section)

- Rediscover the room and try again.

Regards,

-Sagar

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Problems between CTS-Man and CTS endpoints can sometimes be fixed by restarting the CTI Manager service on CUCM.

I seem to remember something about CTMS 1.9 requiring a newer version of CTS firmware - maybe try upgrading the CTS-3000s or downgrading CTMS?

Thanks for your answer but,

According to this compatibility Matrix : http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/cts_admin/1_9/compatibility/cts_compatibility_master.html

CTMS 1.9 works with CTS 1.7.0

I can't upgrade the CTS-3000 endpoints until they fully work with the new system because if I remember correctly, if I upgrade them they will not work anymore with our old CUCM, CTS-Man & CTMS

Restarting the CTI Manager on the CUCM didn't changed the status of the endpoints on the CTS Manager...

We did another test today with 2 CTS-3000 and 1 SX20 (version: TC5.1.4.295090).

1. We schedule a meeting with these 3 endpoints.
  2. I connect with one CTS-3000 to the bridge using the invite.
  3. The second CTS-3000 tries to connect to the bridge with the invite and gets disconnected with busy signal.
  4. The SX20 then tries to connect to the bridge with the invite and succeed to connect and the first CTS-3000 and the SX20 are in the meeting but the second CTS-3000 cannot.

On the multipoint Switch I see the first CTS connects to the meeting number 3100154489, the second CTS-3000 gets rejected because it's trying to access to the wron meeting number (1100117861) and then the SX20 which connects to the correct meeting number (3100154489)

log:

ALARM_INVALID_CONFID | WARN | Conference Manager | Call cannot connect. Call number: 22222222. No active meeting: 1100117861. | 1100117861 | 22222222 | Verify that the access number configuration on CTMS is correct.

All rooms connect with the invite which shows meeting number 3100154489 so I am wondering why the second CTS-3000 doesn't pick the correct meeting number...

I found another odd thing.

On our production CTS-Manager, scheduled meetings show-up correctly with bridge numbers.

But on our new servers, when I look at a scheduled meeting and go in the [bridges and servers] tab.

The call-in number shows the correct call-in number but it is followed by the mention "disabled".

Does that mean that this call-in number is disabled ?

That would be weird though because the first CTS joining a meeting scheduled with the bridge  can dial the call-in number.

Or

Does it just mean that the call-in feature (available in Configure->Application Management->Bridges and Servers) is disable ?

If this is the case then it won't solve my issue because our issue is that a CTS that has been scheduled to join the meeting gets rejected when its not the first CTS to dial the call-in number.

Hi Matt,

Try this.

- Login to CUCM

- Go to Application user and select the user of CTS- Manager

- Remove the particular endpoint/room having 'X' mark on it.

- Save it and re-discover the room

- It should be gone from CTS-Manager

- Now follow the same procedure and add the MAC address again to controlled device (From App user section)

- Rediscover the room and try again.

Regards,

-Sagar

Sagar,

Thanks a lot, that solved our problem.

I added a CTS-Man reboot after removing the endpoints from the application users and re-discovering the room on the CTS-Man.

The Device error that was showing up on the CTS-Man endpoints was due to a projector error showing up on the CTS endpoints which was escalated to the CTS-Man

After completing the upgrade to 1.9.4 the error disappeared

Matt,

I am glad to hear that issue got fixed...

Cheers

sagar

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: