cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I use WebEx Room Kit as the USB camera for a laptop? Or is it only WebEx Room Kit Mini that allows that?

poker0701
Level 1
Level 1

Can I use WebEx Room Kit as the USB camera for a laptop? Or is it only WebEx Room Kit Mini that allows that? I have not found a type-C port on the device. And my laptop doesn't detect the WebEx Room Kit as a WEB-camera thorough iab or micro-usb port

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It is a H.323 or SIP endpoint, so it can be registered to pretty well any other call control platform you have that supports standards based endpoints.
Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

No, the Webex Room Kit cannot be used as a USB camera.

The Webex Room Kit Mini is the only device in the current line up that can be used that way.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thank you for your answer! And can I use it with any other video conference services, beside Cisco's?

Thank you for your answer! And can I use it with any other video conference services, beside Cisco's?

It is a H.323 or SIP endpoint, so it can be registered to pretty well any other call control platform you have that supports standards based endpoints.
Wayne

With a Webex CVI (Cloud Video Interop) subscription USD$50/month, you will be able to join a Webex endpoint (e.g. Room Kit or Webex Board) to a MS Teams hosted meeting. This is supposed to become general release any week now (Sep 2020?).

Hello @Wayne DeNardi ,

Are you aware if Deskpro could be used as an external camera to a PC (similar to Mini), since it offers Type-C connectivity, like Mini? 

George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

You can.

Join any meeting. Connecting a laptop with USB-C enables you to join meetings from third-party meeting providers while leveraging the Webex Desk Pro's camera, speaker, and microphone.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collaboration-endpoints/webex-desk-pro/datasheet-c78-743105.html

Response Signature

Yes, you can, but it isn't the most cost effective solution to add a camera to a PC unless you already have the DeskPro.

Wayne

George Sotiropoulos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thank you @Nithin Eluvathingal , I should have read this prior of checking in the CSC... I was wondering if anyone has tried this already.

George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies