cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can two SX80 codecs share mutually exclusive control of a single Precision 60 camera?

ronrock77
Level 1
Level 1

I have a situation where two SX80 codecs are being used with only one powered on at a time and they need to share a Precision 60 camera. The HDMI video from the camera can be fed to each codec via a DA but will the currently active codec connect automatically to the camera for control if their LAN connections are on a common network switch?

3 Replies 3

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I haven't tested this, and it won't be a "supported" solutions, but if only one SX80 is powered on at a time, then it may be possible, as the endpoint should be able to see the camera over the LAN.  If for any reason both are powered on at the same time, then this will likely cause issues.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks. Wayne. I'm hoping that we'll be able to test it before it is installed.

As Wayne mentions, this is untested and unsupported.  The switch that the Precision 60 Camera is connected to shouldn't have DHCP running or access to your LAN, as the P60 Camera must obtain an IP address from the SX80 that is controlling it.