cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can you have the SX20 do both h.323 and SIP?

DONNA WHEELOCK
Level 1
Level 1

I need to have the Sx20 connected to CUCM via SIP do make regular calls but I also need it to connect to old vtc that only do H.323.  Has anyone done this?

2 Replies 2

Chad Patterson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Donna,

Do you have a VCS? If so you could use the VCS to interwork the call from Sip to H323.

Assuming you have a VCS, you can create a route pattern in CUCM to route H323 calls to your VCS. From the VCS you can have interworking enabled so that the signaling can be changed to H323 and then connect to your old VTC systems.

If you have to IP dial the old VTC systems and they do not have an e164 or H323id address, you can accomplish this using the same method with the VCS. See this guide on page 47. http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/Cisco_VCS_Cisco_Unified_Communications_Manager_Deployment_Guide_CUCM_8_9_and_X7-2.pdf

YEs we have VCS.  I believe that is set up already but does it use a port on the MCU to keep the call connected?  

Also do you have the Directory connected to the sx20 from the CUCM or the TMS?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: