Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot Join Meeting on WebRTC CMS

ibasuki
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Currently I'm having problem that user cannot join to room with error Joining Meeting Failed when joining from web browser. We use CMS 2.3 with CMS Turn. When user joining from Cisco Meeting App, they able to join room normally.

I attached 2 logs capture of failed call from Web browser and success call from CMA. From capture, I see that call disconnected because no ACK received by CMS. Both test is using same PC with same connection to the meeting room.

Anyone have any idea what causing this? I didn't think this is FW issue, since user can join from meeting app normally. Also, I have add CMS private IP to incoming call rule as lowest priority.

Also, we're clustering 2 call bridge from 2 CMS. But right now, CMS2 is offline.

Thank you for your help. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ibasuki
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I already solve this issue. Turns out CMS 2.3.10 is not supported for newer or latest browser version. I tried to use Chrome version 70, and user can join meeting via that browser.

Thank you for all replies.

Regards

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Hi,

First: Why are you using such an old version of CMS?

Second: You said, you are trying to access the meeting via WebRTC. But why is there a SIP call in your "failed-call.png"?
Taking the info from the picture, probably you are missing an inbound rule. But again, this is not a WebRTC session then.

Third: Most of the time I saw the error in your pic 1, it had something to do with a TURN problem. Maybe your TURN config, isn't correct, maybe CMS is not able to allocate TURN sessions, maybe FW is blocking the TURN ports, ...

Hi,

Thanks for pointing out that this is an outdated CMS version. I agree and maybe will put upgrade as our next task.

1. On inbound rule, I tried to add 10.197.177.140 so incoming call can match to that rule. But the result is still same. User failed to join the meeting.

2. Point 1 makes me goes to suspect that this is browser incompatibility. Is is possible?

3. Is the flow is different between calling from web browser and Meeting app? If we're suspecting FW blocks some ports.

Hi ,

As i undestand you expect several different problems with your meeting.

What about meeting it you local network ?

1) . Can your local SIP endpoint take part in the meeting ?

2). Can your CMA client take part in the meeting ?

Same questions for participants from public network. 3) 4) 

Firstly, you need resolve your issue in your local network.

BR Oleksandr

ibasuki
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I already solve this issue. Turns out CMS 2.3.10 is not supported for newer or latest browser version. I tried to use Chrome version 70, and user can join meeting via that browser.

Thank you for all replies.

Regards