Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CMR and Webex cloud solution

Difan Zhao
Level 5
Level 5

Hi there,

Hopefully that this is the right place to ask the questions about the CMR and webex cloud services.. So my company current is looking for cloud based boardroom solution. Webex looks great and I have been testing with the trial account. I am waiting for the CMR trial license which as per the webpage will take up to a week. I am still confused between the Webex and CMR. Are they the same thing essentially?

Anyway, now my main question (not the above one) is that we also have a Cisco Telepresence C40 and a couple cameras. We salvaged them from another office that is recently closed. Can we use them with the CMR or webex cloud service? Is there any other device required to use them with the cloud?

Thanks,

Difan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

CMR Cloud is feature of WebEx Meeting Center and makes it possible for video endpoints and applications to join the WebEx meeting.  So yes, it is possible with CMR Cloud for your C40 to join a Meeting Center meeting.

Cisco WebEx Meeting Center Video Conferencing Data Sheet

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

CMR Cloud is feature of WebEx Meeting Center and makes it possible for video endpoints and applications to join the WebEx meeting.  So yes, it is possible with CMR Cloud for your C40 to join a Meeting Center meeting.

Cisco WebEx Meeting Center Video Conferencing Data Sheet

Thank you Patrick!

I will wait for the CMR trial license to try it. Is there document on how to integrate the C40 with the CMR cloud?

Thanks,

Difan

CMR Cloud may or may not be included in the trial, just reach out to your Account Manager or whoever setup the trial and they should be able to help.

CMR Cloud Enterprise Deployment Guide (WBS31)

Thanks Patrick. Here is where I requested for the 30-day trial. I submitted however I still have not heard back

http://www.cisco.com/c/m/en_au/netsol/cmr-collaboration/trial.html

I have read the document you provided however the examples are all with some existing infrastructure. For example, in the integration setup with the Cisco infrastructure, do we need the CUCM, ExpresswayC and E in order to use the CMR cloud? Can the C40 natively connect to the CMR cloud?

Thanks!

Difan

What is in the guide is the recommended deployment, but you can use CMR Cloud with a standalone endpoint using H323.  Check the H323 requirements under the Video Devices section of the guide.  To setup your C40 as a standalone endpoint, refer to the following thread: sx20-standalone.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: