cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CMS Branding: not hearing the "welcome" or "enter your pin"

Meddane
VIP
VIP

In my deployment of a clustered Cisco Meeting Server with external web server hosted branding,  users complain they are not hearing the "welcome" or "you are the only participant " messages with cisco meeting web app or like "enter your pin" with Cisco Jabber.

After verification on Cisco Meeting Management, I noticed that the branding is not licensed. Can anyone confirm if the licensing is the cause?

9 Replies 9

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Without knowing the version you have, it's just guessing ...
But I think normally, you don't need a Customization license for the audio branding. So I guess, CMS cannot fetch the file, or the files are corrupt / in the wrong format.
Have you tried to use Local branding instead for verification?

Meddane
VIP
VIP

I am deploying 3.6 version. Yes I tested with local branding and I am sure the files are not corrupted. The audio works in the past.

Maybe the CMS is not able to fetch the files from the server. Have you checked the logs in CMS and/or the file server?
Do you see any untypical message in "syslog follow" on the CMS? Or you could also do a pcap on CMS and check it with Wireshark.

Meddane
VIP
VIP

I did today the pcap to capture the traffic between CMS and the web server, and it seems that the CMS is trying to get the wav files from the Invitation_Template folder, while in the web server I past the wav file in the Call_Customization folder and the Invitation_Template folder contains only the txt file.

Capture.PNG

There is your answer. Crosscheck with the customization guide, how the folder needs to be named. But the root cause has been found.

Meddane
VIP
VIP

This is what I guess. The strange part is that it works with version 3.4 and after upgrading to 3.6 of the whole cluster. Users dont hear anything. I will check the configuration in the API may be the path URL is wrong.

After verification I found that the ressource location URL under the call branding profile is not pointed to the right folder and I changed the path url to be http://<ip address web server>/branding/call_customisation. I captured the traffic and now the CMS retrieved successfully the wav files by receiving 200 OK messages. But still we didnt hear anything when joining meeting.

hey, how did u resolve that?