Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Codec Plus Not Booting

Paul Richardson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

One of our clients has a Room Kit Plus and recently the codec died.  They have the ability to arrange RMAs with Cisco and received a replacement Codec Plus.  The replacement did not boot and they did a second RMA.  This codec also does not boot.  They have brought the codec and PSU in to us for investigation.

The symptoms are;  the network interface LEDs and the power light flashes 4 times, the fan runs during this and then stops.  No further activity from the codec (no splash screen on HDMI1.)  I noted in the admin guide that if the codec has no network connection, the LEDs repeatedly flash twice.  Setup a dhcp server and connected the network port, but still no boot.  Also connected to the maintenance port, as detailed in the manual with the correct UART driver, but no activity at any stage.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Cheers, Paul R

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If the customer has the ability to log RMA requests, that suggests they have a Cisco Service Contract on the device - in which case it would be best for you to work with the Cisco TAC to resolve the issue.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If the customer has the ability to log RMA requests, that suggests they have a Cisco Service Contract on the device - in which case it would be best for you to work with the Cisco TAC to resolve the issue.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi Wayne,

The client has just informed me that they have an open TAC case, so I have emailed the TAC engineer regarding the issue.

Many thanks for the quick response.

Cheers, Paul R.

Hi Paul,

Did you fix the issue? Or does your client do another RMA?

Regards

iamador2009
Level 1
Level 1

I Curious of your findings. I have a Codec pro with the same issues NIC LEDS and power light flashing. Haven't been able to find out what that code means. 

Hello,

I have the same issue on a TTC7-25 codec plus codec. Any idea if this can be fixed without RMA ?

Thanks,

Cristian