Cisco IX5000 AUX Display not working

sv.sabari
Level 1
Level 1

Problem Details:

CISCO IX5K – Panasonic AUX Display not working

Our Investigation:

• We have installed Cisco IX5K with 3 nos of main display and Two aux display
  • Same configured in the First time setup – Described display count on configuration .
  • One of AUX display from Cisco other one from Panasonic (65inch)
  • Cisco AUX display working and Panasonic not working
  • HDMI Video output port >H6- Cisco & H4 is Panasonic- (H6 Cisco Display is working & H4 Panasonic Display not working )
  • If we swap the HDMI Cable Cisco display is working & again Panasonic is not working  (H4 Cisco Display is working & H6 Panasonic Display not working ))
  • If we connect any laptop to  Panasonic display  using same HDMI cable “it is working “
  • We have try to changed display Frequency from 60 to 50 Hz in Cisco – In this case Both AUX display are not working
  • We have tried all combination to changing the HDMI cable in Cisco CPU ( H4,H5,H6)- But result is same
  • Panasonic Display model - LH65QM1KD - 65" Display

Hope some compatibility issue with both OEM – how to fix this issue?

Kindly support us to resolve this issue

VS. Raj

PoweriT Technology

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dear All,

Thanks for your support ,

I have installed 20+ IX5k Equipment's all are having same issue only with Panasonic 65inch display..

Other OEMs (Samsung/Dell/NEC) working with HDMI-HDMI/HDMI-DVI with respective to Cisco any AUX port .( Since i have enabled 3 Aux screen so all Aux port having output video )

What is the issue?

Ans :Issue related to EIDID compatibility with Cisco & Panasonic Investigation Report :

>I have used product (Lightware UMX 140) to debug the HDMI -EDID signal to understand the EDID of IX 5k.

>Cisco responding during Linux booting output resolution (1920X1080p60)- Display is working

>Once ix image loaded Cisco not accepting the Panasonic request

>Panasonic created the bux fixing software upgrade with many version - But not resolved.

>We have used EDID emulator in between AUX out to Panasonic display to fix this issue( HDMI-HDMI)

> PFA

Thanks

Sabarirajan .V

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Anurag Srivastava1
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello,

Please check the release notes of IX5000 it supports only below displays-

image.png

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/ix_sw/9-0/release-notes/ix5k_b_rns-telepresence-ix-9.html

Thanks

Please rate if it is helpful....

Thanks
Please rate if it is helpful and mark as accepted solution if applicable....

Anurag gave you the answer from the install doc. I don't know if the IX software specifically blocks other brands, but it clearly indicates that you cannot use a direct HDMI to HDMI cable, but based on your description it sounds like that's what you're doing. i would try using two HDMI to DVI adapters (DVI's with opposing genders of course) and see if that works - my guess is it will. 

Hope this helps. 

I am Using HDMI-to-DVI and i can't present . In using cisco Display in IX5000 .

Any suggestion ??

Hello, How many Aux displays you are connecting with IX? If using only one then make sure the cable is connected on H5 port on host CPU If it is not then power off complete unit and connect it to H5 and the power on and perform first time setup with proper screen connection layout. Thanks Please rate if it is helpful and mark as accepted solution if applicable...
Thanks

Ray1985
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Raj,

Did you find a solution for AUX display? it's very unclear in Cisco documents.

Hello,

What is the problem you are facing with Aux displays?

Its clearly mentioned in release notes and admin guides you just need to be careful while reading.

You should only use HDMI-DVI cables and recommended aux displays and need to carefully perform FTS and select the correct layout for AUX displays.

I have seen many customers who either made a mistake in connecting proper cable or selecting wrong displays.

which eventually will produce errors.

For new release under if you download the log bundle and go to  nv->log--capture-->healthcheck you will get the complete status of the unit.

Thanks

Thanks

In the document it only says use 

Sampo and Samsung LH55ME which Sampo are basically stop producing TVs(Cant find it on the market) and the Samsung model has already EOS.

Could the documents be more useful like giving out a clear  spec of what format and what protocol the display needs for connecting?

Hello,

Sampo and Samsung LH55ME are the old monitors which some customer used with old CTS immersive devices that why with IX also Cisco supports this but mainly two Cisco recommended AUX displays are CTS-5K-DISP42 and CTS-MON-55-WW

and with all the Aux displays you need to use HDMI-DVI cable only and that is also mentioned in release notes.

Apart from these if you connect any other model it will have problems and Cisco will not support that.

Thanks.

Please rate if it is helpful...

Thanks

Hi Anurag,

Are you saying that you cannot use any other display?

If you can, confirming that you need to use HDMI > DVI > HDMI for cabling (as most displays now won't have DVI)?

Guys, I got all of them working......

HDMI cable straight to a dell 23" desktop monitor - checked, working

HDMI cable straight to a NEC 32 inch monitor - checked, working

All using 1080p60 from my Macbook pro 2016 HDMI port on the multipresent cable though a dangle, also a Lenovo X270's HDMI port.

First of all, I assume the document saying use the HDMI-DVI-HDMI makes no sense without providing the detailed spec of the HDMI ports on Host CPU.

Second of all, the Host CPU is not well made to be a very compatible product, therefore we have to deal with it with extra care.

Ok, here is the whole story.

The 42" Cisco monitor was connected to the H5, the dell 23" display was connected to H6 with a HDMI 1.4 cable made in 2013, the NEC old monitor(2013) was also connected with the same type of HDMI cable to H4. all powered by the IX5000 PDUs

Make sure all the AUX display have to be turned on, and it should show the black screens instead of no signal prompts from the monitor itself while you are doing the layout setting. Reboot the system, check if the touch 10 got the layout right, the image from the presenting cable hdmi port(On touch 10). Then check if the AUX display can show the images. if not, reboot again, then it should be ok.

If not, change the layout to only one AUX display (the 42" connected to H5), then do the checking only on the 42", after everything is checked, change the layout and do the above steps again.

All this makes no sense but it worked for me. 

Dear All,

Thanks for your support ,

I have installed 20+ IX5k Equipment's all are having same issue only with Panasonic 65inch display..

Other OEMs (Samsung/Dell/NEC) working with HDMI-HDMI/HDMI-DVI with respective to Cisco any AUX port .( Since i have enabled 3 Aux screen so all Aux port having output video )

What is the issue?

Ans :Issue related to EIDID compatibility with Cisco & Panasonic Investigation Report :

>I have used product (Lightware UMX 140) to debug the HDMI -EDID signal to understand the EDID of IX 5k.

>Cisco responding during Linux booting output resolution (1920X1080p60)- Display is working

>Once ix image loaded Cisco not accepting the Panasonic request

>Panasonic created the bux fixing software upgrade with many version - But not resolved.

>We have used EDID emulator in between AUX out to Panasonic display to fix this issue( HDMI-HDMI)

> PFA

Thanks

Sabarirajan .V

Hi Sabarirajan,

Coincidentally, I just got the UMX140 for testing purposes last week, was going to do that same as what you did.

Thanks for the info!

May I ask which EDID emulator did you use to fix the problem? Since UMX140 is quite expensive here in China. 

Hello,

Sorry for the delay....

I have tested Lightware /Kramer and some local products all are working

But i have used  - ATEN VC080 (HDMI EDID Emulator) ,

Other OEM products are little expensive 

Thanks

Sabari

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: