Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco MCU - Closing call due to failed reINVITE

Tomas Kriz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I detected an issue with calling from ex-MOVI client to MCU - our client has one MCU´s VMR which is accessible from Internet for video calls. There is VCS-E (with dual NIC) routed to VCS-C (both 8.5.2) routed via SIP trunk to CUCM (10.5.2) routed via SIP trunk to MCU 4510 (4.5-1.55). All calls from Internet work perfectly - all the time are routed to "public room" and then moved by operator by hand to some private room on MCU which is accessible from local network only.

There is no issue if I call to public room, no issue if I move calls from HW units, but when I move ex-MOVI incoming call, MCU drop the call with message :

SIPError

call 1134: Closing call due to failed reINVITE

If ex-MOVI call is from client registered to VCS-C in internel network, everything is fine, I can move the participant on MCU, call is not dropping. If the call is from MCU to public faced ex-MOVI client, situation is the same - no issue. Call is dropping if there is incoming ex-MOVI call and if I try to move participant between VMR´s on MCU only. So, it shouldn´t be an issue on MCU, CUCM or VCS-C, but probably somewhere between VCS-C and VCS-E...

Have you ever seen behaviour like this? I am not be aware where could be a difference between incoming HW endpoints calls and MOVI calls in this case...

Thanks for any idea...

T.

3 Replies 3

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is this your own jabber-video deployment or does it happen on 3rd party companies clients as well?

How is the registration handling done if the jabber video user registers from the outside?

Do you use a VCS cluster?

It could be something regards zones / authentication.

If they use CUCM, maybe its time to look into Jabber with MRA

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

It´s client´s deployment - I´m gonna check zone handlings next week. We are not using Jabber at this time, just ex.MOVI - Jabber via MRA will be implemented later in next year...

Natee Osatis
Level 1
Level 1

i found this issue today. Cisco EX90 called to MCU5310 while the call establish it disconnect with "Closing call due to failed reINVITE". I'm not sure why this issue occur?

My environment has VCS Cluster connect with MCU.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: