Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco MSE 8050 Media Converter

njovanovic
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Cisco have a new release for MSE8050 2.3.
Link: http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/supervisor/release_note/Cisco-TelePresence-Supervisor-MSE-8050-Release-Notes-2-3_1-46.pdf

As i have rode in the release notes, there are some kind of migration license who enable a temporarily convertion of 5 media port licenses to 1 TP server screen license.

We have two media blades of 40 L-8420-2PL licenses but no one with L-8710-1SL. In the release notes we see this Text:

"This feature requires the “TS screen migration option” feature key. Contact your Cisco representative for advice on obtaining this feature key. To enable the feature, you install the feature key in the License key management section on the Port licenses > License summary page."

Does this mean that I need only this TS screen migration option on the Supervisor to be able to transfer it temporarily or i need a 820 Multiparty blade also?

For this i found the product: CTI-820-MED-K9++=

As i can see, this is a separate blade we have to implement into the MSE chassis. But how it exactly work with this multiparty blade?

Does this multiparty blade (CTI-820-MED-K9++=) temporary transfer perhaps 5 of our L-8420-2PL to 1 L-8710-1SL on the existing blade?

We are confused because one of our customers told us, he get the information that a change from 5xL-8420-2PL to 1xL8710-1SL is possible without any further costs? And that not temporarily but permanently .

Many thanks

Nikola

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You need the MSE-8000-TSMO option key added to the MSE 8050 Supervisor, it gets tied to the MSE 8000 Chassis serial number and is a free $0 item, email licensing@cisco.com to request it.  With it, you can assign MSE-8420-PL licenses to a any installed TelePresence Server in the MSE 8000.

The MSE-8000-TSMO option key can convert MCU media ports to TelePresence Server screen licenses for any of the following TelePresence Servers:

If you have 40 media ports allocated to an MCU MSE 8510, and you want to allocate 2 screen licenses to an MM850 (or any of the noted TelePresence Servers above), you'll need 10 media ports.  So, you'll need lower the media ports that are allocated to the 8510 to 30 so it returns 10 media ports to the license pool so they can be used with the MM820.  Whenever you allocate media ports or screen licenses to an MCU or TelePresence server, they are considered allocated or in use, permanently unless you unallocate them.

Hope it makes sense, let me know if you need more info.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Lawrence James
Level 1
Level 1

I think there is a little mixing of different migration options going on but in general it seem the basic understanding is correct.

There are two migrations possible and required if you only have the 8510 Blade (HW) and 8420 Licenses (SW)

You can migrate the 8510 Blade to an 8710 Blade using the and then with the migration option convert 8420 Licenses to TS Screen licenses 5 to 1 ratio 

I believe the Hardware conversion (8510 to 8710) is permanent but the license conversion is not.

I believe the Hardware conversion (8510 to 8710) is permanent..

You can roll back the MSE 8510 to be an MCU again even after you migrate it to run TelePresence Server software turning it into an MSE 8710.  Simply perform a migration just as you did for the TelePresence Server, but instead using the MCU software.

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You need the MSE-8000-TSMO option key added to the MSE 8050 Supervisor, it gets tied to the MSE 8000 Chassis serial number and is a free $0 item, email licensing@cisco.com to request it.  With it, you can assign MSE-8420-PL licenses to a any installed TelePresence Server in the MSE 8000.

The MSE-8000-TSMO option key can convert MCU media ports to TelePresence Server screen licenses for any of the following TelePresence Servers:

If you have 40 media ports allocated to an MCU MSE 8510, and you want to allocate 2 screen licenses to an MM850 (or any of the noted TelePresence Servers above), you'll need 10 media ports.  So, you'll need lower the media ports that are allocated to the 8510 to 30 so it returns 10 media ports to the license pool so they can be used with the MM820.  Whenever you allocate media ports or screen licenses to an MCU or TelePresence server, they are considered allocated or in use, permanently unless you unallocate them.

Hope it makes sense, let me know if you need more info.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: