cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Room Kit - Microphone recommendation

exadmin
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone recommend a Microphone to use with the room kit?

I have a Cisco Room kit and we use the table mic, but I'd like to have it wireless and remove the cable on the floor. I know that there are a number on the market. I don't need high end, just reliable and functionally clear.

The microphone would be about 40' away from the receiver.

We've had success with the cisco table mic, but I want to get rid of the cable on the floor.

Alternatively, do you know if there is a limit to the length of the audio cable for the table mic? ie - if we can double or triple up on the CAB-MIC20-EXT= extender cable, I might be able to make it work and run the cable along the wall.

7 Replies 7

I have used two CAB-MIC20-EXT=, not three but  adding three i dont think it will be a problem.

Response Signature

jcaustin
Level 1
Level 1

Wireless mics, unless locally powered are a bad idea. They'll never consistently find their way back to the charger and over time, the battery life will deplete itself. In a high touch (high managed environment) its possible it could be successful with it, but even in those scenarios my experience tells me, its a bad idea.

The next best solution is a ceiling mic, either the Cisco or one of the many beam forming varieties that exist, but that then again drives up your room cost, and another point of integration required. If you're willing to spend money on a wireless mic system though, this may not be totally out of reach.

We've deployed the room kit in some scenarios on the far end of the its design intentions without supplemental microphones. The only times we've added a table was at the far end in an acoustically active space. 

thank you. Do you have any specific models or manufacturers of ceiling mics that you have used with the room kits?

Hi

You may try the Shure MXA910, it provides good coverage and also the span area customization is good

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/collaboration-endpoints/telepresence-microphones/at-a-glance-c45-741676.html

The Cisco Ceiling Microphones work well.   Cisco also support using the Sennheiser SpeechLine Ceiling Mics (with a small modification) when connecting to a Room Kit Pro or the older SX80.

The Shure MXA910 (as mentioned by @JJ77) is a great option.  See Using The Shure MXA910 Ceiling Array Microphone on Cisco Webex Devices.

exadmin
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks everyone. This helps out a lot.

We mount the Cisco mic Pads to the Ceiling..... No one said the Audio mushroom has to go up and out. We have gotten better sound (better acoustics and less table/people shuffling noise, HVAC is always a concern so do not put next to exhaust vent for AC

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: