cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Roomkit Plus - Can I duplicate main output?

IsaacOwen1984
Level 1
Level 1

Hey

I want the second output to show exactly the same feed as the main output.

Just as a 1 in 2 out video distribution amp would do.

Will the software allow me to do that right out the box with no additional licence?

Isaac

5 Replies 5

Looks like the settings for what each monitor outputs are as the below.

I have looked at it yea and the only way i can think of making both HDMIs output the same is by setting the outputs as per the below. I can not see that it will be allowed though?

Video > Output > Connector 1 > MonitorRole: First
Video > Output > Connector 2 > MonitorRole: First

I do not have a codec to test this on at the moment.

Many thanks

Isaac

@IsaacOwen1984 wrote:

Video > Output > Connector 1 > MonitorRole: First
Video > Output > Connector 2 > MonitorRole: First

You'd think that would be the logical way to do it, however from experience you will have better luck if you set them both to "Second"

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

vincent gross
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Wayne,

I am supporting Cisco Room devices remotely. Can you please elaborate the better experience you had when setting the two MonitorRoles to Second? I'd like to know more before I make this change.  Thank you

Setting them both to "First" didn't give the desired outcome (of both screens showing the same).  Setting them both to "Second" did.  There's no harm in trying it to see if it works for you, then change it back if it doesn't.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: