cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SX 20 and Precision HD 1080P 4x S2 camera

dave dickson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, Installed in a Current working office, the Cisco Sx20 has the special Y splitter ( Network and HDMI ) cable from the Camera Port leading to the Precision HD 1080P 4x S2 ( aka Camera) HDMI Port and Rj45 Control Port ( 50ft Shielded TIA 568B Cat6 and HDMI cable, Brand new as of this post ) 

When the meeting is started, The image from the camera says "Camera not detected"  and  therefore can't PTZ, remote does not work but the image is shown . Diagnostics reports Camera Not found... or something like that. 

What confuses me, it worked prior to relocation, prior to cable re and re. Identical cameras swapped and it stayed with the SX20 in question. 

is there a setting I can be pointed to me.  

2 Replies 2

Hello,

You wrote "When the meeting is started..." you received the problem. Do you have this problem in standalone mode without meeting ? Did you try chache cable from another SX20 ?

BR Oleksandr

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You say you are using a "50ft" cable.  As the camera is usually powered over that cable, the voltage drop may be too much at this distance.  You may need to add a power supply directly to the camera to power the camera locally rather than relying on power over such a long cable.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: