Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SX10 solution for neurosurgical operation theatre

Chhabi Thapa
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I'm new to cisco collaboration ,so i'm looking for a Cisco Telepresence SX10 solution for our client.It is to be deployed at a neurosurgical hospital operation theatre.Attached the design for reference.

My questions are :

1.Can i join windows users and iphone users on video conference  with SX10 .If so how can i connect and what additional softwares do i need for windows and iphone?

2.How many users can i connect to SX10 simultaneously if i purchase a SX10  set without additional license ?

3.How can an iphone user can join the video conference via internet ?

Please note that all the users will be in the same building(network) and iphone user can be in the same network or join conference via internet.

8 Replies 8

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The SX10 only supports a single video call, you'll need an conferencing bridge such as Cisco Meeting Server in order to host multipoint conferences.  Cisco Meeting Server has a client for Windows, OS X, IOS, and WebRTC browsers that can allow users can connect to the conference.

Cisco Meeting Server and Cisco Meeting App Data Sheet

Thanks for the response Partrick.

So is it possible with SX20 without a meeting server or UCM ?

SX20 does support 4-way Multisite, which means you can connect up to 3 participants to the SX20, with the fourth being the SX20 itself being the host.  However, you will not have any desktop or mobile client access, for that you need something like the Cisco Meeting Apps (which are included with Cisco Meeting Server), or Jabber which requires CUCM.

Thanks for your response Patrick.I really appreciate your help.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In addition to what [@patrick.sparkman] has written regarding accessibility from non-TelePresence devices by utilising Cisco Meeting Server, I'd suggest you have another look at your choice of TelePresence endpoint.

The SX10 is a very entry level device and isn't as capable as some of the other devices in the product range, so may not be the appropriate device for use in such an environment depending on what quality or level of zoom you may need with your cameras.  I know that most of the tele-medicine type applications used in this part of the world use at least an SX20 with a 12x zoom camera to be able to get the required level of detail.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks for the response Wayne.

So is it possible with SX20 ?

The same is possible with the SX10 and SX20 - the SX20 does have a few extra features (like being able to, with a Multisite option key, have up to three additional telepresence connections without the need for an external MCU), but for any more connections than that, you'll still need something like the CMS for the best interoperability.

If you only need a small number of connections, you could use the SX20's multisite.

However, if it's all connected with a CUCM, you could use Cisco Jabber as the soft client on the other devices to be able to join the conference.

You're probably best talking to one of your local Cisco Partners who can design a solution to suit your requirements.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks for your response Wayne.I really appreciate your help.