cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SX20 3rd Party Control over Telnet

tdieffenbaugher
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to control my Cisco SX20 over telnet. I have followed the instructions in the API of setting a password for the Admin user. I have enabled Telnet in the Cisco Device itself however, when I enter the IP address and the port 23 I get a prompt for a Password. When I enter the Admin password for the Cisco SX20 I get the response of 'Login Incorrect'. 

How can I resolve this? Need Assistance ASAP. 

Thanks, 

2 Replies 2

thobonho2
Level 1
Level 1

Telnet service seems to be running as you get the password prompt, but try anyway to restart the codec if not already done since telnet mode was switched on.

Also, make sure IP filtering is not active, or add the client's IP address to the list. Example: Network 1 RemoteAccess Allow: "192.168.1.231, 192.168.1.182"

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are you using the admin username/password?

If you browse to the codec's web interface, are you able to login with the admin username/password?

Restarting the codec isn't required, as the change will take affect immediately.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: