Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SX20 with Yamaha YVC-1000 get monotone voice

vstjie123
Level 1
Level 1

Good Afternoon Team,

I have a high quality Unified Communication audio system Yamaha YVC-1000 connected as MIC 2 of the SX20 but the other side complains of monotone flat tone of voice. Is there any way to get the crystal clear crispy sound I get in the Polycom conf system with the same audio system:

http://www.yamaha.com/products/en/communication/usb_conference_speakerphones/yvc-1000/?mode=model

I have played with the Audio Input settings but none helped.

Any advice is highly appreciated.

3 Replies 3

Elias Sevilla Duarte
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The Cisco SX20 comes as a Quick Set including the codec, camera and microphone. It´s designed to use it as it is. In contrast, the SX80 is integrator codec and able to integrate with external AV-equipment.

We recommend using Cisco Table Microphone 20, as it is not 100% guaranteed that 3rd party microphones will work as expected, and the "monotone voice" could be a result of this.

I wonder if it is the same result when using it in the microphone 1 connector, or if disconnecting the microphone in connector 1 (while microphone 2 is connected) the far end hears the audio monotone voice.

For 3rd party microphones, we recommend to follow the guidelines in the below guide, in page 145.

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/ce80/sx20-administrator-guide-ce80.pdf

I hope this helps in some way.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The SX20 will work fine with third party microphones and mixers/DSP.  We use them this way all the time as an inexpensive integrator endpoint.  You just need to make sure that you've wired the 4-pole 3.5mm connector for the mic input correctly and set the output level of your external mixer/DSP to a sensible level so that the SX20 does not need to do too much attenuation or amplification.  The SX20 is expecting a mic level input, so if you're feeding in a line level, or a headset level volume, then this will be too much.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

wadenardi  Thank You for your reply. Would you mind explaining more on how to wire the 4-pole correctly on the 3.5mm? I thought the 4-pole is just used for mic control. The way I connected to the mic input in SX20 from YVC-1000 currently is just using dual RCA audio output to 3.5mm connector. Is that correct? Is there a special way I should wired it when using RCA cable?

Thank You.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: