cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco TelePresence Content Server not transcoding

Kevin Walker
Level 1
Level 1

Recently I discovered that the transcoding engine is not responding in my Cisco TelePresence Content Server.  I have tried to restart the windows service and the whole machine with no luck.  It will record but not create any outputs that are viewable.  I do not have maintenance on this so I decided to post here to get some help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

deeptiswain
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Kevin,

What is the version of the TCS server? 

Also, please check the transcode engine logs under E:\Logs to see what could be the error here. You can also post the log and I can have a look at it. 

You can run the repair tool from control panel > add/remove program > TCS as well, as suggested by Patrick. If the repair tool throws any errors and exits, you need to rectify those errors and run the tool again. 

Regards,

-Deepti

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What is the status of the transcoding service in Windows?

Can you try to start it, and provide a copy of the transcoding logs?  The logs can either be capture directly from the server at E:\logs or through the web interface under Management > Diagnostics.

As a last resort, you could do a repair of the TCS by going through Add/Remove Programs and selecting change then repair on the Content Server application, as it could be faulty or corrupt.  Doing a repair will not affect any recordings on the server or the database.  However, it would be best to try and look at the logs first to see why the issue is happening.

Also, what version of TCS is this?

They all appear to be online.

What about the logs, are you able to restart the service and then wait a few minutes and upload the last transcoding engine log?

deeptiswain
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Kevin,

What is the version of the TCS server? 

Also, please check the transcode engine logs under E:\Logs to see what could be the error here. You can also post the log and I can have a look at it. 

You can run the repair tool from control panel > add/remove program > TCS as well, as suggested by Patrick. If the repair tool throws any errors and exits, you need to rectify those errors and run the tool again. 

Regards,

-Deepti

Kevin Walker
Level 1
Level 1

Running the repair tool fixed the issue. Thank you for your response and help.

Thanks for the update, the TCS repair is usually a catch all fix for most issues.

Out of curiosity, can you upload a copy of one of the transcoding logs after you restarted the transcoding service.  Like to take a look if anything stands out to why you were having the issue in the first place.

Don't forget to mark appropriate replies as "answered" to help others that might have the same issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: