cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Telepresence MCU 4500 Series layout issue.

최남규
Level 1
Level 1
If I change the layout to rolling, the screen will be black for about 30 seconds and I won't see the screen of the participant.

After about 30 seconds, the layout will be displayed normally.

I'd like to know the cause of this problem.
3 Replies 3

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

My guess is one of the participants is not sending video - so the MCU is just seeing/displaying a black screen. If you change the rolling interval to something less, does your black screen time go down? 

If that's what it is, the solution would be to figure out which participant is sending the black screen and resolve that (assuming they're not doing it on purpose by covering a camera). The MCU doesn't know/care whether the incoming video is real or just a blank screen, it's just rolling through whatever it gets. 

hope this helps. 

A total of 15 people will participate in the meeting. When I do a meeting with the layout in default, I see the faces of all the attendees, but when I change to Rolling, some of the participants turn into black screens in a momentarily.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Some things to check:

• Are you running up to date software on the device?
  • Is it one particular participant that shows as the black screen?
  • Are all the calls within the bandwidth limits?
  • Is the black screen empty content being shared by one of the endpoints?

Note: the MCU 4500s are past their end of software support date (31 July 2018) and reach their end of hardware support date mid 2020.  I'd suggest you look in to replacing them with something more current and capable such as the Cisco Meeting Server as a longer term solution.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.