cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco telepresence setup/recommended setup

iverson.justin
Level 1
Level 1

I have zero exposure to Cisco telepresence but have experience with expressway for MRA and CUCM 8.5-11.5.  I need to start supporting below MX devices, can I configure them just like CUCM devices/phones or do I need to spin up a VCS nodes?  Or has Expressway taken care of VCS now or do you recommend VCS or Prime for anything else like management/firmware updates?  

Cisco MX200
Cisco MX300
Cisco MX700
Cisco MX800
Cisco CP-DX80

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Those endpoints can all register and be provisioned fine with your CUCM.  Make sure you have the relevant device package installed to enable support of those endpoint versions.

Your "Expresssway" devices are effectively the same software as the "VCS", just with a different licence key, and perform the majority of the same functions in your CUCM environment.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Those endpoints can all register and be provisioned fine with your CUCM.  Make sure you have the relevant device package installed to enable support of those endpoint versions.

Your "Expresssway" devices are effectively the same software as the "VCS", just with a different licence key, and perform the majority of the same functions in your CUCM environment.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Is Cisco TelePresence Server required for meeting?  

A conference bridge is required for hosting multipoint conferences, unless the endpoints have a Multisite license.  Multisite license will allow you to use the embedded conference bridge within the endpoint software, and all endpoints in your list support Multisite, except the DX80.  If you require a conference bridge, recommended platform is Cisco Meeting Server and has replaced TelePresence Server which is no longer being sold.

Does cisco give trials of Cisco Meeting Server for UCS virtual environment?  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: