cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Telepresence SX and C-Codec series- Presentation onconnect improvement

javinodr1
Level 1
Level 1

I found that the new auto-wake on detected presentation source introduced in the TC7 software version is stopping me from improving our meeting rooms.

I would like to move away from having 1 vga cable for Cisco and 1 for direct connection to projector, and instead only have 1 HDMI cable that sends signals to both, using a HDMI splitter.

But that won't work, as this new auto-wake function wakes up the video system from standby even if people are only going to use the projector.

Why am i not just running all presentations through the video systems, you may ask?

Well, a lot of people do not like having a camera turned on them when they are just going to present something, but not use video conferencing.

And adding a expensive crestron system for a simple small meeting room is not an option.

So the suggestion:  Give us an option to turn off the auto-wake on presentation source connect.

1 Reply 1

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There has always been the ability to set the Source on the SX/C Series endpoints to "Manual" (rather than "Automatic" or "OnConnect") which stops the endpoint from waking on connection of a presentation source, ie

xConfiguration Video Input Source 2 PresentationSelection: Manual

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.