cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Telepresence SX20 H323 Standalone "No incoming video call"

jefferymitchell
Level 1
Level 1

This system can receive IP calls from external systems. But when I dial out to test outgoing calls (IP calls) the other side see's the call come in and receives it but no video/audio on their side. On the calling side I get the following message on the screen "No incoming video" then call terminates. The only messages in the log are below.

Log messages:

WARNING: Default Call Protocol
The default call protocol is set to H323, but system is not registered on that protocol. The system may not be able to make any calls. Please either change the default call protocol, verify that the protocol is enabled, or verify the H323 configuration.

WARNING: IPv6 address configuration

The IPv6 address configuration is statically set to an invalid address (or gateway or subnet mask). Either enable DHCP, or enter a valid static IPv6 assignment
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Oh yeah, anytime you're dealing with video, any type of firewall inspection should be disabled as it could cause a delay or simply no video being sent/received. 

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Make sure your System Configuration > H.323 > Profile 1 > CallSetup Mode is set to "Direct" rather than "Gatekeeper".  This should allow you to dial directly out without being registered to a H.323 Gatekeeper.  You can safely ignore the Default Call Protocol Warning Message when you have it configured this way.

For your IPv6 issue - if you don't use IPv6, turn it off by changing the System Configuration > NetworK > IPStack to "IPv4" rather than "IPv6" or "Dual".

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks Wayne,

Callsetup was set to direct. I changed the Stack to IPv4. Can you think of any other reason why out going call would get this message? Like I mentioned before I can receive calls. But dialing out is my problem. I checked with the called party and we are both using H323 at 384Kbs. See call history page from dropped calls. I have attached the call details for the calls that I made. Disconnect cause 16 (Q850) and the other call to a test site 71.14.2.157 0 (Internal)

Note, this is a continuation of this question, configure-cisco-telepresence-sx20-use-h323, it might help get some additional background for you Wayne.  Also Jeffery, suggest since you now have the SX20 configured to be a standalone H323 endpoint that you mark any relevant and helpful replies in your other thread as answered, and since you created a new thread to address the video issues you're not getting.

Regarding the "Default Call Protocol", as Wayne suggests, you can ignore that error as that is typically if you're configured it as a standalone endpoint.  IPv6 is typical error as well if you're not using that network type, I have that error on all of my endpoints, as we don't use IPv6 and it doesn't affect anything.

You have all the required H323 ports open on your firewall?  Take a look at cisco-ex-tandberg-ip-sip-firewall-ports.

Is NAT properly configured on your firewall, as well as the SX20?

My apologies I will do that right now.

Incoming session no problem all ports are open nat correctly configured.

From your screenshots it looks like there is only media flowing in one direction. The cause of that in 99% of cases is firewalls that are not correctly configured to allow the traffic flows on the required ports.  Make sure the following are open at both ends:

• Gatekeeper Discovery (RAS): Port 1719 (UDP)
  • Q.931 call Setup: Port 1720 (TCP)
  • H.245(Static): Port Range 5555-6555 (TCP)
  • H.245(Dynamic): Port Range 11000-20999 (TCP)
  • Video*: Port Range 2326-2485 (UDP)
  • Audio*: Port Range 2326-2485 (UDP)
  • Data/FECC*: Port Range 2326-2485 (UDP)

*Configurable by "RTP Ports Range Start" and "RTP Ports Range Stop"

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

I will verify these ports. Thanks

Yes all ports are open. The device can receive incoming IP calls with a video/audio session. The problem is outgoing IP calls that's when I get this message.

jefferymitchell
Level 1
Level 1

Problem solved "Turn H323 inspection off" on the firewall.

Oh yeah, anytime you're dealing with video, any type of firewall inspection should be disabled as it could cause a delay or simply no video being sent/received.