cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Touch 8 - Lock Administrator Settings

cjoseph23
Level 1
Level 1

We have 10 or so MX200/300s and we are finding end users who are accessing the administrator settings on the touch panel and making changes to them.  I think some people are just curious and going through the menu option. 

Is there a way to password protect the administrator settings on the touchpanel?

We are running TC4.2 on the endpoints.

Regards,

Cyril                  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

amehla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Cyril,

you can restrict the admin settings access to endusers by enabling the menu password.

You need to use a command line interface to set the Administrator Settings menu password; you neither can use

the Touch controller nor the web interface.

Setting the Administrator Settings menu password

1. Connect to the system through the network or the serial data port, using a command line interface (SSH or Telnet).

2. Type the following command:

xCommand SystemUnit MenuPassword Set Password:

The password format is a string with 0–255 characters.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

amehla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Cyril,

you can restrict the admin settings access to endusers by enabling the menu password.

You need to use a command line interface to set the Administrator Settings menu password; you neither can use

the Touch controller nor the web interface.

Setting the Administrator Settings menu password

1. Connect to the system through the network or the serial data port, using a command line interface (SSH or Telnet).

2. Type the following command:

xCommand SystemUnit MenuPassword Set Password:

The password format is a string with 0–255 characters.

Thanks for the info.  I made the above changes and I was able to lock down the administrator setting on the touch panel.

Regards,

Cyril

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: