cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Video Device Registration - 12-digit pin enquiry

Abiola Fasakin
Level 1
Level 1

What would I need to do to get the 12-digit pin sent by Cisco when I purchase a Cisco Video device with Touch 10 Controller?

I recently watched some videos on Cisco Room Bar/Room Kit Plus setup based on my interest in purchasing one of them and noticed the 12-digit pin being requested during the Touch 10 Controller setup.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Webex Control Hub registration is optional with MTRoA. Teams Admin Center doesn’t cover everything. Each OEM has come up with a solution to fill those gaps; WCH is Cisco’s. In addition to the hardware monitoring, config/management, and reporting that most of the OEM solutions add Cisco somehow managed to negotiate and extra trick with Microsoft: native Webex Meetings join instead of Direct Guest Join. Cisco seems to be slowly negotiating further progress beyond this but I’m a little uncertain what else is public so I’ll refrain from rattling them off. Ask your Cisco Collab PSS/TSA what other features they’re adding on top of MTR.

WCH Cloud Device Registration is included in Cisco’s Collab EAs. Otherwise it’s not expensive; you’re partner can quote it.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

That registration key comes from Webex Calling if you register the device with that platform. If you register it with any other platform, like Communication Manager there is no registration key needed.

Apart from this the Touch 10 panels are end of sale since long. Now the units are shipped with a Webex Navigator panel.

Response Signature

Thank you @Roger Kallberg for your swift response,

If I use a Microsoft Teams Rooms license for either device (since the Cisco Room bar and Room Kit Plus are certified with Microsoft Teams), would I still need to register the device to Webex Calling/CUCM?

I don’t know for sure, I’ve never used a device in MTR mode, but I doubt it. Likely it’s stated in documentation. Have you read any of the available documentation?

Response Signature

I have read some documentation, but I'd like to know if MTR mode acts as a standalone solution on the Navigator (without Webex Device Registration)

As I wrote earlier I have no first hand experience with managing Cisco video devices in MTR mode. But from what I can tell by reading a few different documents it doesn’t need to be registered with Control Hub, ie the management portal from Cisco. However it needs to be registered with the Microsoft management portal and be licensed appropriately with their license. For more information please see this document. Prepare to onboard Cisco collaboration devices 

Response Signature

Thank you @Roger Kallberg. I'll look through the document.

Webex Control Hub registration is optional with MTRoA. Teams Admin Center doesn’t cover everything. Each OEM has come up with a solution to fill those gaps; WCH is Cisco’s. In addition to the hardware monitoring, config/management, and reporting that most of the OEM solutions add Cisco somehow managed to negotiate and extra trick with Microsoft: native Webex Meetings join instead of Direct Guest Join. Cisco seems to be slowly negotiating further progress beyond this but I’m a little uncertain what else is public so I’ll refrain from rattling them off. Ask your Cisco Collab PSS/TSA what other features they’re adding on top of MTR.

WCH Cloud Device Registration is included in Cisco’s Collab EAs. Otherwise it’s not expensive; you’re partner can quote it.