Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Webex Codec Plus - zoom-In Capabilities when on Speaker- Tracking

George Sotiropoulos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Team.

While trying to manage remotely a Webex Codec Plus via Web Interface for a remote office, I have noticed that when the system was on "Speaker-Track"  the zoom-In capability of the endpoint was "better" than when the "Speaker-Track" was disabled- and trying to zoom to the user (who was on the other side on a Wide Conf Room).

Moreover, it seems that while on "Speaker-Tracking" mode (better zoom) I was not able to create a Camera Preset.

CUCM v11.1

Active Load:  ce-9.7.1-30bff6140aa-2019-04-02

Has anyone noticed such a behavior before?

Thanks in advance,

George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies
2 Replies 2

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Firstly, CE9.7.1 is fairly old, you should consider upgrading to a more recent software version (CE9.12.3 is the latest version as of the date of this post).

While in "Speaker Tracking" mode, there really isn't any sensible use for a "Camera Preset" as the codec/camera determines what it believes the best view at the time is, there isn't any set position, so Camera Presets (and camera control) is disabled.

You should still be able to get a good zoom out of the camera, or perhaps your room users need some education on where they should be standing in your room rather than letting them roam out of good camera range.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thank you Wayne, I will move on with the firmware upgrade. 

I fully understand the difference between the "Speaker-Tracking" and Preset, my main concern is if it is normal feature of the endpoint to be able to zoom more while on "Speaker-Tracking" and not when on manual mode. I have noticed this during a call within a long Room (not really suitable for VC) and while on Speaker Track the endpoint was capable to zoom sufficient and when I was removing the "Speaker-Track' the zoom was not enough.
Again thanks for your feedback,

George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies