Views
Helpful
Replies

CMS 2.8 to 3.6 upgrade

geeta.kumari1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks,

We are planning to upgrade CMS 2.8 to version 3.6. I have already checked that we have to do step upgrade as per release note.

CMM 2.8 version has smart licensing option. Is it possible to test smart licensing on this version and then move for upgrade. also is it possible to move back and forth between traditional license and smart license on version 2.8.

And we have TMS 15.8 and do not want to upgrade it, we use TMS only for phone book. I see CMM 3.6 has requirement of TMS 15.9 and later, will this cause phonebook functionality to not work.

Regards,

Geeta

1 Reply 1

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Hi,

We are planning to upgrade CMS 2.8 to version 3.6. I have already checked that we have to do step upgrade as per release note.
--> Please be aware of the architecural change since 3.x (there is no XMPP component anymore, no "old" webbridge, now you have webbridge3, which needs to be configured differently via CLI and API, ...)

CMM 2.8 version has smart licensing option. Is it possible to test smart licensing on this version and then move for upgrade. also is it possible to move back and forth between traditional license and smart license on version 2.8.
--> I don't have an old 2.8 server, but as I remember correctly, once smart licensing is enabled, you are stuck with that. So you can't move back to traditional licensing.

And we have TMS 15.8 and do not want to upgrade it, we use TMS only for phone book. I see CMM 3.6 has requirement of TMS 15.9 and later, will this cause phonebook functionality to not work.
--> If TMS is not integrated with CMS/CMM or the other way round, you don't need to upgrade TMS.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: