cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CMS Mutiple Turn Servers Joining Meeting Failed

Anas Hafez
Level 1
Level 1

We have CMS Single Combined (Version 2.8) Expressway Cluster for Core & Edge of 2 Nodes  (Version 12.5.6) we did the multiple turn configuration from the below guide:

"Configure CMS WebRTC Proxy over Expressway"

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/conferencing/meeting-server/210800-configure-cms-webrtc-proxy-over-expressw.html

and we get "joining meeting failed"

So is there any document describing how is the call flow going from CMS to which turn servers (we have 2 configured), we are suspecting asymmetric media routing since the call works when we remove the second turn server from CMS API configuration.

6 Replies 6

Anurag Srivastava1
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello Anas,

are calls working when you remove one Turn server?

Also have you configured the NAT reflection for both of your expressways as mentioned in the link given?

If both answers are yes i will say to colect the detail logging for CMS webbridge and DNS and pcap

and diagnostics logs on both expresswayE and C and upload all logs on 

Collaboration Solutions Analyzer it will give idea of possible errors and fix for that.

Thanks

Please rate if it is helpful and mark as accepted solution if applicable....

Thanks

You do not need to configure NAT reflection if you are using Expressway 12.5.3 and above.
https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/expressway/release_note/Cisco-Expressway-Release-Note-X12-5-5.pdf

Yes correct but from 12.5.5 for clustered environment in 12.5.3 it was only for standalone systems.

So as he is on 12.5.6 so NAT reflection is not required.

Thanks

Please rate if it is helpful..

Thanks

Hi Anurag,

I could not understand the following statement:

Peers which are configured as TURN servers must be reachable using the private addresses for their corresponding public interfaces.

Is that means the CMS should reach the expressway turn server using private ip of LAN2 (which is external interface in dual NIC deployment) by configuring server address using CMS API > configure turn server??

Thanks

Hello

So it means the LAN1 ip for server address and public IP for client address thats how i have configured for my setup.

Actually LAN2 is only for DMZ and we normally use LAN1 ip for internal communication.

Thanks

Please rate if it is helpful..

Thanks

Hi , i am facin an issue with CMS 2.8 , i have single combined server, i am trying to join from outside (Over internet) the meeting i can login but meeting cannot be joined, keeps circling. do i have to enable turn server.. if yes what configuration i have to do need assistance.