Views
Helpful
Replies

CMS Recorder MP4 Files

VinnyC
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

When recording, at the 15 minute mark, the recording repeats that the meeting is being recorded, and a new mp4 temp file is created.  The previous 15 minute recording is finalized into an mp4 file.  So a 1 hour and 5 minute recording would be 5 files.

Is there a setting to make the entire recording just 1 file instead of 5 files?

I use CMS 3.4.

This is the community forum I had when initially creating my recorder, if it helps: Solved: CMS Recorder / Certificates - Cisco Community

Thanks in advance. 

3 Replies 3

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Personally, I couldn't find any commands in the MMP or API guide.

VinnyC
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you.  I saw the same thing. 

In the CMM log of the test recording call, it shows "Participant joining" (recorder@recorder).  The next entry is the link to the recording.  At the 15 minute mark, we get "Participant joining" (recorder@recorder) again; it does not show it dropping.  Maybe it is something to do with the recorder as a participant and not as a recording file?

What do you mean with "Maybe it is something to do with the recorder as a participant and not as a recording file?" ?

The recorder server is joining as a normal SIP participant (like a phone, Jabber, video endpoint, ...). The recorder is just another participant in the conference.
Maybe Cisco just configured a hard limit of 15 min, that's why there doesn't seem to be a configurable parameter.

You can open a TAC and ask this question.