cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CMS Redundant LDAP Servers

Brian Meade
Level 7
Level 7

I'm trying to figure out the best way to do redundant LDAP Servers in CMS 2.3.

I tried creating 3 different LDAP Sources linked to 3 different LDAP Servers but this results in errors about duplicate users.

These are all the same LDAP source, just multiple servers.  I don't see any way in the API to put multiple LDAP servers under one LDAP source.

What's the correct way to do this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

See here:

Partial LDAP redundancy via DNS, requires ICMP

CSCvh65991

There is no built-in method to do periodic sync, you'd need to schedule a CRON job (or similar) externally and perform the sync.
HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hi @Brian Meade,

please take a look at the following: LDAP Server Methods and CMS with LDAP.

Hope this helps,

Marcelo Morais

it looks like I should have an LDAP Source for each LDAP Server which is what I had.  Every time I use the sync all though from webadmin, it just finds duplicates and stops since the users exist in all 3 sources.  Deleting the other 2 sources and syncing resolves the issue but I lose redundancy then.

Also, is there any way to have the server do periodic syncs automatically?

See here:

Partial LDAP redundancy via DNS, requires ICMP

CSCvh65991

There is no built-in method to do periodic sync, you'd need to schedule a CRON job (or similar) externally and perform the sync.
HTH

java

Jaime,

Do you have any details around the implementation of this?  It says creating multiple A-records.  Do I just want A-Records for each LDAP Server then still have 3 LDAP Servers and 3 LDAP Sources configured?

No, this is simply redundancy via DNS.

HTH

java