Views
Helpful
Replies

CMS time offset

james276122401
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Apologies if this is the wrong section - we're currently installing a conferencing solution with CMSs and VQ Conference Manager as our management tool. For these to sync up, they need to be within 1 minute of each other. We have them all pointed at the same NTP source but for some reason the CMSs are consistently about 2 mins out.

Is there a command I can run on the CMSs to introduce a time offset? I can't find one anywhere.

Let me know if you need more info, thanks for any help.

James

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

All available commands are in the MMP reference document and I don't recall any to do that, search for bugs in your version and / or open a TAC for further investigation. 

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If they're pointing to the same NTP server(s), but have times that are out that much, it sounds very much like that one or the other set of devices aren't actually talking to the NTP servers.   Check your config and/or firewalls to make sure that the traffic is actually getting from the device to the NTP server(s) and back again.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: