Views
Helpful
Replies

CMS XMPP domain question

danny.yf_li
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I would like to separate the domains for my cisco jabber and cma users.

for example my jabber domain is           example.com

my xmpp domain is           conf.example.com

My question is the XMPP domain is a SIP domain or a DNS sub domain.

If it is a DNS sub domain, are there any other ways to archeive the same result rather than create a new domain under my current domain (example.com)\ forward lookup zone

Thanks!~

By the way , will the SRV record (_xmpp-client._tcp) be used by cms if I only have a single combined server.. Or the SRV record will be used only when I form a cluster.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Stephen Carr
Level 1
Level 1

well, it is sort of both. You definitely need to go with either a DNS sub domain or a whole other top level one. Ideally you then want your SIP domain to follow your XMPP domain (or vice versa) as it keeps things more orderly that way (and easier to keep track of). The SRV record is for the CMA clients so it is needed regardless (so the client knows where to point).

Steve

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Stephen Carr
Level 1
Level 1

well, it is sort of both. You definitely need to go with either a DNS sub domain or a whole other top level one. Ideally you then want your SIP domain to follow your XMPP domain (or vice versa) as it keeps things more orderly that way (and easier to keep track of). The SRV record is for the CMA clients so it is needed regardless (so the client knows where to point).

Steve

can you please give as an example.

do you mean xmpp with new domain name or sub domain.
1) subdomain
IMP domain = imp.com
then
XMPP domain = xmpp.imp.com

then in DNS server there will be two domain
imp.com
xmpp.imp.com

2) 2 different domain.
imp domain = imp.com
xmpp domain = xmpp.com

then in DNS serve we create 2 separate domain
ie
imp.com
xmpp.com

is that what you are telling.
Im facing almost the same issue.

Not sure if I understand your question correctly, but if you plan to use CMA as well, you would need another domain and/or subdomain. If your users will continue with Jabber only, then you can use the same domain that is being used by IMP.

what I mean we either user subdomain like conf.example.com (if example.com) or new domain as test.com.
right?
In both case we need dns entry properly.
im now facing problem in setting up domain based dialing. even though i created conf.example.com there was no subdomain. i was thinking it was more comfortable to create a new domain in DNS server something like meeting.com for that.

Correct. What ever domain you choose, you would need to have the correct SRV and A records configured on your DNS for XMPP, Web bridge etc. Take a look at the "Appendix A" of the deployment guide -

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/conferencing/ciscoMeetingServer/Deployment_Guide/Version-2-3/Cisco-Meeting-Server-2-3-Single-Combined-Server-Deployment.pdf

at last i acheived it. today learned a lot.

created subdomain in windows server as conf.test.com. then there i created _xmpp-client and _xmpp-server SRV. They are point to cms.conf.test.com. cms.conf.test.com is the pointed to IP address of CALLbridge. my callbridge A record is actually cms.test.com. but i created a second one as cms.conf.test.com.

also in webbridge settings i entered guest account JID domain as conf.test.com.
Then it worked properly.
Only domain dialing pendning now.