Views
Helpful
Replies

Codec C20 Telepresence with fortigate Firewall

mohammad saeed
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Guys,

I have one C20 Codec and CUCM 8.6 I have alos SIP line and I want to make video calling from outside to C20. what I need to of cinfiguration in my Fortigate Firewall and CUCM 8.6?

Beside that Can I make Skype call through the C20?

Thanks,

Mohammad Saeed

6 Replies 6

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You should setup an Expressway-C/E pair to traverse your firewall to allow in/outbound dialing, see Expressway and CUCM via SIP Trunk Deployment Guide (CUCM 8,9,10,11 and X8.8).

You'll need a gateway server between between CUCM and MSFT S4B, see Expressway and Microsoft Infrastructure Deployment Guide (X8.8).

Thanx Patrick

But I dont have express way gateway! I just have cucm 8.6

You will need Expressway for B2B calling as Patrick states, but you'll have another problem in that URI dialing from endpoints is not supported before CUCM 9. 

Dear Patrick,

I heard that I can make test call through special public IP address for C20! and I found the IP address but the calling is faild! I made the C20 to be able to call outside! 

Could that way work for testing?!

thanks,

Mohammad Saeed

If you remove your C20 from your CUCM and configure it as a Standalone device, you may be able to make the test calls you describe as a proof of concept, then you can look at upgrading your CUCM and installing the required expressway(s) for your long term and more functional solution.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks Wayne! But how can I use C20 as standalone without CUCM! you mean I don't need to make provisioning with CUCM and keep it unregistered then test the IP calling!

Thanks for your help