cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Completely rework interface?

MStout
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer with three telepresence rooms. One has a SX80/Touch 10, and two have the Spark Room Kit Plus/Touch 10 units. I am looking to add the ability to turn the Displays on/off, and also change the mute status indicator on the in-ceiling Shure MXA910 microphones. Will I need to completely create the Touch 10 pages: Global, Home Screen, and In-Call, or will what I create be added to the existing interface? I've already been working with my Crestron Programmer, and he has provided me with the Widget IDs that I need to insert.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You don't need to totally recreate the whole screen, you would just add another button/page to the existing ones to trigger the functionality/widgets you require.  The CE9.3 Room Customisation Guide shows some examples of a simple on/off switch/widget on page 18.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

It will be an addition to the existing GUI. 

Take a look at this document, it's quite thorough:  https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/ce90/sx-mx-dx-room-kit-in-room-control-guide-ce90.pdf

Hope this helps!

PJMack,

Thanks so much for the help. I'll take a good thorough look over the document you included. At first glance, it's a plethora of information that I was unaware of before. Looks like I'll be able to make my customer happy after all.

Michael

Don't forget you can use HDMI CEC to turn the displays off and on automatically (when the unit comes in/out of standby, it sends the appropriate on/off command to the display - just enable the setting on both the display and codec).  Much more intuitive than a manual on/off button.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You don't need to totally recreate the whole screen, you would just add another button/page to the existing ones to trigger the functionality/widgets you require.  The CE9.3 Room Customisation Guide shows some examples of a simple on/off switch/widget on page 18.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.