cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Content tx: resolution mismatch error at MCU

Batuhan Kilic
Level 1
Level 1

Everything goes well at the video conference session, doesn't matter how many participants but when one of them tries to use presentation, most of the others cannot see the presentation detailed, some words gone colors mixed and conference details in the MCU 4510, it shows this error "content: tx resolution mismatch

I tried some options in the settings>content but nothing changed, there is no bandwidth problem for video conferencing, how can i solve the presentation problem?

Thanks

6 Replies 6

Were the calls on the conference are mixed of H323 and SIP?

What kind of system/endpoints involved in the call? Software versions?

Do you experienced the issue only with specific endpoint when sharing content to the conference? 

How about other endpoints when they share content? Same issue encountered?

regards,

Acevirgil

yes mixed

cisco c20, sx20, edge95 85 mxp, sometimes maybe one or two polycom endpoints, nearly all of the cisco endpoints have different versions

i didn't test all of them but when i tried with different endpoints it is the same, same error appears and most of the participants cannot see presentation well

In your case which composed of different endpoints with different capabilities and also mixed of SIP and H323 calls in a conference, this issue would happen in a MCU conference. This issue could be the endpoints capability or limitation on how it will receive the resolution of the shared content.

Could you try these setting on your MCU, just a suggestion and it could resolve your issue:

On your Conference settings > Content

Content mode: Hybrid

The MCU sends out two content streams:
a higher resolution one (passthrough), and a
lower resolution stream transcoded and scaled
down for any endpoints that are unable to
support the higher stream

Outgoing transcoded codec: Automatic

If Automatic is selected, the MCU will
determine the best codec to use that will
maximize the number of participants that
can receive content.

Content contribution from endpoints: Enabled

Outgoing transcoded resolutions: Allow all resolutions

Minimum outgoing bit rate: No minimum

regards,

Acevirgil

I couldn't find any settings like this in the MCU, software version is 4.1

Hyrbid and Passthrough content modes were added in version 4.3, MCU 4.3 Release Notes.

Have you tried changing the "Outgoing transcoded codec" setting under the content section on the active conference?  Specify a particular codec to be used for the content channel instead of having one automatically selected by the MCU.

Yes, i tried that one too