Views
Helpful
Replies

CPC Manager - Time out

Dean O'Meara
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is anyone aware of a setting that can be changed within Cisco Prime Collaboration Manager to stop the timing out when logged in? I am trying to display the information on a notice screen however whenever I go back to look at the information I am logged out.

Any ideas?

cheers.                  

3 Replies 3

Paula Talamo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Dean,

In order to investigate to see if there is such a changeable setting, will you please elaborate on this timeout?

• Are you referring to the screen where it says "Your session has expired.  You need to sign in again."?
  • About how quickly are you seeing it timeout?
  • What browser are you using?
  • Can you elaborate on what screens you are on when you branch off to look at other information before going back?

I see the mentioned timeout occur in the lab but it is after a lengthy time (meaning more than 30 minutes).

Thanks!

Paula

Hi Paula.

Thanks for the reply.

• Are you referring to the screen where it says "Your session has expired. You need to sign in again."?

Yes that is correct, along with then been presented by the login screen

• About how quickly are you seeing it timeout?

Not too sure - Maybe 20 minutes of inactivity

• What browser are you using?

We have used Internet explorer and Google Chrome - Both the same

• Can you elaborate on what screens you are on when you branch off to look at other information before going back?

It appears wharever screen we are on we get time out - and presented with the login screen.

I suspect a inactivity timeout is set somewhere but I cant find it.

Does that help?

thanks.

Hi Dean,

I heard back and the timeout is 60 minutes and is not a user configurable item to change.  I just tested it with our lab and it did stay active for 60 minutes (had to set alerts to keep checking back to verify ). Your feedback has been sent on so perhaps in a future version, the option to modify this may be implemented.

Paula

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: