Views
Helpful
Replies

CTS-1300 with another IP Phone

ahmed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

is it possible to replace the 7975 phone with another phone version ? i tried it use 7945 but it show ip phone doesn't detected in cts-1300 status, but in CM the 7945 has registered status, also i use Jabber windows to call the CTS but i cannot make a call from ct-1300 to anywhere.

please advice

Acer

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

It is not possible. Only 797X series of ip phones work with Cisco Telepresence. Therefore you should use a 7975 ip phone and not a 7945. To work with a telepresence system, the phone needs more than just simply having a shared line with the CTS codec, the TSPM java application must to be loaded on the phone in order to synchronize the phone with the codec, but that java midlet application only works with 797X series, that's why you cannot use another phone model.

I hope this help.

Paulo Souza

Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

It is not possible. Only 797X series of ip phones work with Cisco Telepresence. Therefore you should use a 7975 ip phone and not a 7945. To work with a telepresence system, the phone needs more than just simply having a shared line with the CTS codec, the TSPM java application must to be loaded on the phone in order to synchronize the phone with the codec, but that java midlet application only works with 797X series, that's why you cannot use another phone model.

I hope this help.

Paulo Souza

Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Just to give you some reference from Cisco:

phone type for telepresence.png

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/cucm_cts/cucm_cts_admin_book/guide/cucm_cts_admin_midlets.html#wp1060213

Regards

Paulo Souza

Marius Nedregaard
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Acer,

Just to elaborate on Paulos answer,

You do technically not need an IP Phone to use the CTS system. It will work standalone with no IP Phone connected calls can be managed through SSH.

The reason why you need an IP Phone is so that you can load the MIDLET java application on the device. It is the java application is it that controls the telepresence device.  That the phone is registered with CUCM is just an formality ( but thus needed )

The MIDLET application is sending commands to the CTS device to place the calls, and manage the CTS system. The CTS system pushes meeting information and call status and so on back to the midlet application.

When the CTS is in a call,  the phone it self is not in one.

So the phone requirement is there too ensure that the midlet java application run properly on your device.

If you want to replace the IP Phone i recommend you to have a look at the Cisco Touch 12"

//Marius

Hi all,

thanks for help, so then in case the cts-1300 phone has problem, for emergency while RMA part on the way i can just simple replace it with same 7975 phone right ?

please correct me

Regards,

Acer

Acer,

You ccan use a different 797x series ip phone, you will just need to make sure that it is added to the CUCM and also configure the midlet service to be on the phone as well.

Kenny