Views
Helpful
Replies

CVI License and MS Teams with Cisco RoomKit

maqsood ahmed
Level 1
Level 1

I have a situation , i need to know :

1. Can we use  CVI license from cisco without  webex meeting suite  to connect to  MS Team clients.  we don't  want to subscribe to webex services. 

2.  Can we sucessfully make a video call from teams to cisco Room kit devices without scheduling/booking the meeting.

the audio call  between teams to RK is working thru SBC( direct routing) ,  but not video. 

3. Can we  initiate video call between teams and cisco RK using a custom based  URL , the host would be Teams client and  CVI license is in place, ( a developer  generate (api) a url with teams client as  host with multiple participants which include cisco RK ,  jabber client and  teams client )

Can i have a insight on this points.

3 Replies 3

I can comment on the second question. AFAIK direct routing only supports audio, it does from what I know not support video. So the answer to that would be no you cannot. Not with direct routing as the channel for the call at least.

Response Signature

AFAIK With CVI license, on your Microsoft meeting there will be additional Join with option.  From a Room KIt you can dial the IP mentioned to join a microsoft meetings.

image-19.png

Microsoft Webrtc meetings can also be joined from a room kit pro making use of web engine  but AFAIK RP need to connect with webex.

Response Signature

Nithin, 

i knew this fact  that with CVI  , we can join the  MS teams meeting , the question is without webex services being subscribed .

right now i am working on webRTC  with out CVI license,  all the  help documents from webex i followed i was unable to join the 

ms team meeting from cisco RK.   

here is the sceniro:  A outlook scheduled Teams meeting with multiple participants include RK as well ,  the  OBTP is seen on RK on scheduled time,  RK is using prioxy and is also registered to cucm and WEBEX as edge.  when i press OBTP to join this ms teams meeting,,it does not go thru. 

Quick response is appreciated ..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: