Views
Helpful
Replies

default audio codec change

Marcel Imrich
Level 4
Level 4

Hi.

Just a simple question regarding default audio codec on SX80 (TC7.3) H.323 calls. Is it somehow possible to swap G.711 codec type from ulaw to alaw?

Thank you.

Marcel

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I don't believe you can change the default and still have the other as an availalble option.  You can however use a Capset filter to restrict the use of a particular codec so it doesn't get used at all.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I don't believe you can change the default and still have the other as an availalble option.  You can however use a Capset filter to restrict the use of a particular codec so it doesn't get used at all.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Great Wayne,

thanks for the fast response. I know this is not a universal solution but it works for our scenario. Video calls (audio part) are most of the time AAC-LD/G.722.

Marcel