cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DEPLOY TWO PUBLIC IP IN FIREWALL CISCO VCSExpressway

Yogesh Paradkar
Level 1
Level 1

I am using CISCO VCSE in my office network...already I am using one public ip on it..and want to install another public IP on VCSE..Is it possible to install two Public IP on VCSE?.

11 Replies 11

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi friend,

You can use two public IP on VCSe, but you must to have the option key "Dual network interface" installed, this option will activate the second interface on VCSe.

Paulo Souza

Please rate replies and mark question as "answered" if applicable.

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Before answering it would be more interesting to know what you are trying to archive with this?

For example Paulos suggestion would not work with two ips in the same subnet

and I see other scenarios where it would or would not help.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

For example Paulos suggestion would not work with two ips in the same subnet

That is obvious! You cannot have any network device with two IP Address in the same subnet, it is not a VCS concept, it is a network concept.

The guy didn't provide a detailed question, that's why I didn't provide detailed explanation. If he needs more assistance, let's await for his comments.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

sure you can in general if the os/device/application/... suports it. here it does not.

and isnt that the point, if information lack its can be better to ask for more than to say

YES YOU CAN and then he buys the license and then he cant, .... :-)

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Martin,

In general, you can use two public IP Addresses with VCSe. That is all! Are there restrictions? Yes, maybe some of them, depending upon the environment. It is obvious too.

I am not suggesting anybody to buy anything, I am just telling what is required to have two interfaces on VCSe, a option key.

But I got your point. But If you don't like to suggest anything without asking a detailed report, ok man, that is pretty fine. But I don't follow this line. If it is a superficial question, I provide a superficial answer until the guy asks more things. Then the guy can come back here and asks for further explanation, I will  try to help with that too.

This is only the beginning of the topic! Let's await for his comments. 

Thank you for sharing your opinion!

Paulo Souza

Currently I am using one public IP and want to configure another  public IP which is totally seperate network(Link has directly came from  service provider. there is no one in between link and My VCSExpressway.  link is of 2MB)..

Following are the resons made me to configurate Two IP in VCS Express way..

1. Previously we want to give only that seperate Link IP to VCSe and uninstall the previous one..

2. We had made configuration as necessarily.

3.  But while placing the public call..call root through my Office network  gateway..which should not be haapend..because this IP is not in our  office network., if it is out of our office network..its source IP shows  me my office network gateway in Network logs of VCSe.hence the Video  quality also get decreased and poor..

4. It might happend because of my gatekeeper(VCSc) and my end points are in My office network..only VCSe is on public network..

5. that why my network people suggest me that try to configure 2nd IP in your VCSe..

awaiting for reply..

Thank You

ahmashar
Level 4
Level 4

I agree that we need to get more detail before directing someone to buy something he cannot use it later and belame on bad advise from the forum. For we had someone bought a type of phone which works fine with CUCM but he was given advice that it worked with VCS and in actual fact it didn't.

there is a purpose for dual NIC and we need to be clearer with the intention of that task.

that's my 2 cents

I agree that we need to get more detail before directing someone to buy something he cannot use it later and belame on bad advise from the forum.

Again, I am not suggesting anybody to buy anything, I am just telling what is required to have two interfaces on VCSe, an option key!

The guy asked: "Is it possible?" I said, "Yes, it is, it requires a license". That is all.

If you ask me, "Paulo, is it possible to win money in mega sena?" I will say, "Yes, it is. You have to buy ticket." But it does not mean you are going to win if you buy a ticket. Is simple just like that. Any person is able to get the point here. it doesn't need to be a novel.

Paulo Souza

Currently I am using one public IP and want to configure another  public IP which is totally seperate network(Link has directly came from  service provider. there is no one in between link and My VCSExpressway.  link is of 2MB)..

1. Previously we want to give only that seperate Link IP to VCSe and uninstall the previous one..

3.  But while placing the public call..call root through my Office network  gateway..which should not be haapend..because this IP is not in our  office network., if it is out of our office network..its source IP shows  me my office network gateway in Network logs of VCSe.hence the Video  quality also get decreased and poor..

4. It might happend because of my gatekeeper(VCSc) and my end points are in My office network..only VCSe is on public network..

5. that why my network people suggest me that try to configure 2nd IP in your VCSe..

awaiting for reply..

Thank You

Yogesh Paradkar
Level 1
Level 1

hiii all of you.. thank you for ur response..

Currently I am using one public IP and want to configure another public IP which is totally seperate network(Link has directly came from service provider. there is no one in between link and My VCSExpressway. link is of 2MB)..

3. But while placing the public call..call root through my Office network gateway..which should not be haapend..because this IP is not in our office network., if it is out of our office network..its source IP shows me my office network gateway in Network logs of VCSe.hence the Video quality also get decreased and poor..

awaiting for reply..

Thank You

Hi friend,

Reading your description, I didn't understand your environment very well, because your explanation was confused a little bit. Could you share the topology you have and explain better your need? It doesn't need to be the real topology, only one of example.

Before any suggestion, I want to check if it is really necessary to use two IPs on VCSe in your case.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: