cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dialing a URI with same 4 didgit Directory number at another company

David Hasfurter
Level 1
Level 1

I am new to Telepresence and came across a issue I can't find any help on. We have 1 endpoint connected to CCM and everything is working as far as video calls to my other endpoints. The issue is I go to dial another company that is using the same 4 didgit directory number as someone within my company. For example:

3951@mycompany.com URI is trying to start a video call with 3756@anothercompany.com but instead of dialing them I get Mike at mycompany at extension 3756 instead of it going across the SIP trunk to VCS control.

my search rule for CM looks like this:

Protocol: SIP

Source: Any

Request mut be auth: NO

Mode: Alias pattern match

Pattern type: Regex

Patter string: (3\d\d\d).*

Pattern behavior: Replace

Replace string: \1@CUCM

On succesful match: Continue

Traget: CUCM zone

I understand why it is dialing an internal extension instead of going out but was wondering if anybody has come across this and what they did to get past this issue. I have heard about putting a 6 in front when dialing out then have the VCS c strip the 6 off before sending to VCS e but that seems harder for the user to know.

Thanks,

1 Reply 1

Zac Speck
Level 1
Level 1

David What version of CUCM are you running?

If you are running version 8.6 (may be possible with earlier version not sure) or above you could create a SIP Dial Rule for the domain anothercompany.com and point that the SIP trunk to VCS.

I have done this in the lab but I do not have conflicting DNs so I am not sure it the SIP dial rule would take precedence over the register device but it is worth a try