Views
Helpful
Replies

Dialing external URI's from CUCM

VTCpeter
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I'm playing around a bit with the integration between Cisco CUCM and Cisco VCS.

Internally everything is working fine. I can call from a Cius (registered to CUCM) to an MX200 (registered on VCS) and vice versa.

My question now is, is it possible to dial from this Cius for example to an external video device (device@externaldomain.com) like I would do with my MX200?

I'm coming from the Tandberg business so I'm not yet very familiar with CUCM but as far as I know it's only possible to dial numbers on CUCM right?

Is there a possibility to route every call on CUCM to my VCS infrastructure (which also includes a VCS Expressway)?

15 Replies 15

Hi Peter,

I don't have CUCM 9, I have it working in CUCM 8.6.2 by using "quick fix". I tried two options, both working:

1. Create a route pattern with !*!*!*! and route it to VCS. In VCS, use transform to replace "*" by ".". Inform the users to use * when dialling an IP address
  2. Establish to the users a standard to dial IP to internet. For example, I use 200.200.200.200@internet.com. So I create a SIP route pattern that matches the domain "internet.com" and I send it to VCS. In VCS, use tranform to remove the domain "internet.com".

I prefer option 2.

Again, this is not a Cisco's solution and it is not the best solution, it sounds more like a Paulo's "quick fix". But it works!

Regards

Paulo Souza

Please rate replies and mark question as "answered" if applicable.

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".