Views
Helpful
Replies

Direct connection of C40 to another unit and sound through HDMI port

kasper123
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

We have a new C40 and we want to do a quick setup to test it.

The device should connect directly to another C40 unit through IP(there is no TMS).

We have connected the C40 to a TV through the HDMI port.

My first question is can we get audio on the TV speakers through the HDMI cable? Are we supposed to enable audio through the HDMI or is it on by default?

For direct connection to another C40 unit do we have to configure something special on our end?

How do we initiate the call? Is it enough to just enter the IP address of the system we are calling or do we need some other parameters as well?

Also regarding encryption: Can we just enable it through the web interface or do we need something more?

Since I'm a total beginner with telepresence any help is much appreciated.

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Best Regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

vivsing2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Here are reply for your queries:

Q1. My first question is can we get audio on the TV speakers through the HDMI cable? Are we supposed to enable audio through the HDMI or is it on by default?

A1: Yes, by default Audio output is configured for TV speakers

Q2: How do we initiate the call? Is it enough to just enter the IP address of the system we are calling or do we need some other parameters as well?

A2: You can make direct all only configuration you need to take caer is call mode, it should be Direct. Kindly make sure on both side Direct need to be configured

Q3:Also regarding encryption: Can we just enable it through the web interface or do we need something more?

A3: Yes, you can enable and disable encryption configuration through Web Interface

you have three option in this section, i.e.

On: Which will initaite encrypted call only, if other side is not configure for it, then call will not be connected

Off: Call will always be non-encrypted

BestEffort: If other side support encryption, then call will be necrypted else it will be non-encrypted.

This is the link, where you can find number of document, which will help you to manage this devices:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/ps11422/prod_maintenance_guides_list.html

NOTE: all snapshot are from TC5.1 Web Interface

Regards,

Vivek

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Garvan Long
Level 1
Level 1

By default you will get audio on the HDMI. Yes you cal call ip address but you will need to disable gatekeeper and make call setup direct in the menu under H323. C40 will try and do encryption by default if the onter unit supports it. If not it will be an unencrypted.

vivsing2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Here are reply for your queries:

Q1. My first question is can we get audio on the TV speakers through the HDMI cable? Are we supposed to enable audio through the HDMI or is it on by default?

A1: Yes, by default Audio output is configured for TV speakers

Q2: How do we initiate the call? Is it enough to just enter the IP address of the system we are calling or do we need some other parameters as well?

A2: You can make direct all only configuration you need to take caer is call mode, it should be Direct. Kindly make sure on both side Direct need to be configured

Q3:Also regarding encryption: Can we just enable it through the web interface or do we need something more?

A3: Yes, you can enable and disable encryption configuration through Web Interface

you have three option in this section, i.e.

On: Which will initaite encrypted call only, if other side is not configure for it, then call will not be connected

Off: Call will always be non-encrypted

BestEffort: If other side support encryption, then call will be necrypted else it will be non-encrypted.

This is the link, where you can find number of document, which will help you to manage this devices:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/ps11422/prod_maintenance_guides_list.html

NOTE: all snapshot are from TC5.1 Web Interface

Regards,

Vivek

Thank you very much guys.

Your help is very appriciated.