Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disable "Upcoming meetings" message on the SXxx screen

Hi All,

I have the following question; Is it possible to disable the upcoming meetings message on the SX endpoints?

Now there is a message shown saying "Room available all day" while this is not the case.

I have gone through all guides and awas not able to find the sollution for this. 

What would be prefered is to disable the message as a whole but is this possible and if so where can i configure this?

Thanks in advance,

Sander

5 Replies 5

phifdd4305
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same question. We do not use TMS for scheduling so it shows that the room is available all day when it isn't so that's mis leading top my users.

Hi all,

By incident i have found a way to disable the clock on the home screen.

It's so simple that i was surprised Cisco did not tell me the fix for the issue. (maybe they did not know this too)

Fix: Just set a custom wallpaper and the clock will magically disappear together with the room availability notification. That's all.

Cheers.

Anthony Thomson
Level 3
Level 3

Not sure if it works the same on an SX10, but on a C-series you can disable this through the CLI using "xConfiguration Video OSD TodaysBookings:Off", or through the web interface/OSD by hunting through Setting -> Video -> OSD -> TodaysBookings, and turning it off.  Hope that helps.

Thaqnks for the reply Anthony but that's not an option on the SX80's running 7.3.0

I checked the SX10 admin guide, and there is no reference to disabling the "Upcoming Meetings" or TodaysBookings settings.  I don't believe you can turn that OSD feature off on the newer endpoints as it's a part of the upgraded and easier to use UI.  So, I'm afraid you're stuck with it for the time being.  I'd contact your Cisco Account Manager and open a feature request to provide an option to not display that part of the OSD for use cases where TMS isn't used for scheduling, or one might use the room separate from the SX10 (which would mean the SX10 is not available because the room isn't)