Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Downgrade DX80

Hello,

We have DX Series deployed with CE8.2.1.

Do you know how to downgrade the DX to sipdx80.10-2-5-60 not from the cucm?

Regards,

Fird

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

The file mentioned in my previous reply is the only software package that is available to convert from CE back to Android software.  Once you upload it to the DX80, it will convert the software back to Android.  Once running Android software, you can go to the version you want via CUCM, or if you don't have access to or unable to use CUCM, you can use TFTP (see below).

Update Cisco IP Phone Firmware through Third-Party TFTP Server

Upgrade Firmware with 3rd Party TFTP Server

External TFTP server for Cisco IP phones

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Take a look at Convert between CE software and Android-based software starting on pg 16.

Hi,

I need to downgrade to sipdx80.10-2-5-60.

Which firmware do i need to download?

Regards,

Firdaush

It's in the guide I linked to, it's dx70.ce8.2.0-syn208.rel.pkg, you upload it to the endpoint via it's web interface under Maintenance > Software Upgrade..

Note, the link in my previous reply was broken, it has now been fixed.

Hello Patrick,

But i need to downgrade to the sipdx80.10-2-5-60 version.

Where i can dowload the firmware without Cucm?

Regards,

Firdaush

The file mentioned in my previous reply is the only software package that is available to convert from CE back to Android software.  Once you upload it to the DX80, it will convert the software back to Android.  Once running Android software, you can go to the version you want via CUCM, or if you don't have access to or unable to use CUCM, you can use TFTP (see below).

Update Cisco IP Phone Firmware through Third-Party TFTP Server

Upgrade Firmware with 3rd Party TFTP Server

External TFTP server for Cisco IP phones

Where do you get the file?  I don't see it on CCO.

What are you trying to do, and what file are you looking for?

Sometimes software is removed due to bugs, security vulnerabilities or simply because a newer version is released and that particular version is old. Check the most recent CE8 or even CE9 releases for the software you're looking for.

I have a DX with the CE software, not registered to a CUCM.  I need to convert it back to an Android based unit.  The instructions mentioned above indicate the nescessary software to convert is dx80.ce8.2.0-syn213B.rel.pkg

I cannot find that or any similar files on CCO.

The CE to Android conversion software can be found under All Releases > 8 > CE8.2.1.

DX80 CE8.2.1 Software

Got it, thanks.  If it were a snake.....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: