cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dual diaplay

Amit Peleg
Level 1
Level 1

I have an SX20 connected to two displays. All I want is simply see the far end presenter on one screen and the presentation they send on the second screen. I tinkered with the settings to try to do this to no avail. Curiously, while I have Configuration | Video | Monitors set to Dual, when I go to Configuration | System Status | Video, under monitors is says "Single." I attached the config of the Video tab for reference.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You need to have the Dual Display option key installed, you can check if this is installed on the System Information page of the web interface under Home.  You then need to configure the following options:

• Video Monitors: Dual
  • Video Output HDMI 1 MonitorRole: First
  • Video Output HDMI 2 MonitorRole: Second

In addition to the above, if you want selfview to appear on the second screen, you need set the following as well:

• Video SelfviewDefault FullscreenMode: On
  • Video SelfviewDefault OnMonitorRole: Second

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Not only do you need to configure the Video > Monitors to Dual (or DualPresentationOnly), buy you also need to tell it which output should be used for what purpose under Output > Connector 1 > MonitorRole: First, and Output > Connector 2 > MonitorRole > Second (or PresenationOnly).

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne, I have it setup that way. But still, it insists on showing both the presenter and presentation on the first display. Also, in the LocalLayoutFamily, I tried all the options with the same result. Is there a soecial license needed to run dual display?

Is there a special license needed to run dual display?

That will depend on when your SX20 was purchased and what software release you are running.

See my response in thread: SX20 Dual Display Licensing

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

It was purchased in 2016 as a spare base unit. The current version is TC7.3.6.ea51021. It doesn't seem like this would be something special, it's so basic. The one thing I do not understand is why it says  Monitors=Single when I go to Configuration -> System Status -> Video. Maybe that's a clue? Thanks for the help.

You need to have the Dual Display option key installed, you can check if this is installed on the System Information page of the web interface under Home.  You then need to configure the following options:

• Video Monitors: Dual
  • Video Output HDMI 1 MonitorRole: First
  • Video Output HDMI 2 MonitorRole: Second

In addition to the above, if you want selfview to appear on the second screen, you need set the following as well:

• Video SelfviewDefault FullscreenMode: On
  • Video SelfviewDefault OnMonitorRole: Second